Maintenance Supervisor 1st Shift
In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Maintenance Supervisor is charged with developing the group of facility & operations mechanics into a well-trained, committed and spirited “maintenance team.” In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance normally associated with a manufacturing operation and facility.
The Maintenance Supervisor will help to establish company as a World Class Manufacturer, as defined by our Leadership Team and measured through our Key Performance Indicators of Safety, Cleanliness, Quality and Productivity, and having the right people in the right position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs mechanics in the performance of approved maintenance work.
- Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, monitors purchase requests, invoice approvals, and understands the department budget.
- Evaluates and recommends training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel under his/hers direct supervision.
- Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside inspections, providing project support as needed.
- Ensures that all direct reports are following all company rules and policies i.e. Safety, Food Safety GMP’s etc.
- Works with Planner/Scheduler to make sure all planned work is assigned properly and that all resources and job packets are complete.
- Works with Maintenance Inventory personal for all parts related issues.
- Works with Production leadership to understand their needs and collaborate on improvements
- Enforcing and maintaining quality standards.
- Enforcing and maintaining associate safety standards.
- Develop direct report’s skills by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; outside technical skills training; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for direct reports.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Provides emergency unscheduled repairs of production equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains necessary preventive maintenance work order tasks and preoperational daily check lists.
- Is involved with annual maintenance budget according to guidelines established.
- Supports the operational direction of the maintenance department.
- Maintains Maintenance Department hourly work schedule and recordkeeping.
- Works closely with research and development, quality assurance and production personnel to prevent quality and food safety problems with products and equipment.
- Supports all current and new product and equipment introductions.
- Coordinates and expedites repair operations with production supervisors.
- Ensures equipment is running at proper speeds to achieve throughput standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of work experience
- Five years of maintenance supervision in a food manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in a managing a maintenance team in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have at least three years working with a CMMS in a proactive maintenance environment
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields