Community Health Nurse
$100,000.00 - $112,000.00
Our client is seeking multiple Community Health Nurses in the Bronx & Queens, NY (10461) for a Full-Time Direct Hire opportunity. 1-3+ years of general clinical nursing experience in a certified home health agency, acute care, medical surgical, and/or critical care experience required.
The Community Health Nurses will provide skilled care and routine clinical nursing assessment visits to members and families utilizing all elements of the nursing process and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and agency policies. The CHN primarily provides nursing visits in the member’s home in the community but can routinely visit members in multiple centers, hospitals, nursing homes, and other alternate setting as deemed necessary for care coordination.
- Assumes responsibility for assignments given, seeks supervision appropriately, performing within the limits of their education and experience.
- Knows and conforms to the law governing the practice of professional nursing and provides professional nursing care using all elements of the nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates the health care needs of patients and families with consideration regarding physiological, psychological, social and environmental factors.
- Identifies complete, accurate and logical Uniform Assessment System (UAS) for NY and appropriate sequencing of diagnoses in collaboration with the PCP to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Participates in mandatory comprehensive care planning meetings routinely as required by regulations. Collaborates with all members of the IDT in developing a comprehensive care plan based on member-specific needs, physician orders, UAS-NY CAPS, other IDT assessments, members’ specific parameters and identified goals that are respectful of member, family, community and agency resources.
- Implements the nursing care plan and revises it whenever necessary by regularly assessing, observing, and evaluating the patient’s condition, needs and response to care and makes appropriate nursing judgments and decisions for care plan revision.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the PCP. Ability to independently perform skilled nursing procedures and techniques based on the changing nursing needs that the member requires.
- Degree from an NLN accredited school of nursing required, BSN preferred
- A current New York State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year general clinical nursing experience in a certified home health agency (CHHA), acute care, medical surgical, and/or critical care experience required. Clinical nursing experience must be within one (1) year from date of hire or transfer required.
- Possess and maintain good physical stamina and mental health, including satisfactory health clearance as required by NYS regulations and Agency policy.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields