Vice President – Principal-in-Charge, Managing Principal
VICE PRESIDENT – MANAGING PRINCIPAL / PRINCIPAL-IN-CHARGE, TACOMA AREA OFFICE
We are seeking a highly qualified design professional to serve as Vice President, Managing Principal and Principal-in-Charge (PIC) for our Tacoma, WA office. We are an ENR magazine Top 150 A-E design firm, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with 20 offices nationally.
The successful candidate will be the lead PIC for the office and be responsible for leading, developing, and growing the office. Measures of his or her success will include profit/loss of their respective areas of practice, market positioning, client retention, and community/industry involvement.
The Managing Principal will be assigned the leadership role for this office, with the intent to grow the Urban Development and/or practice in this geographic market.
- Instill the corporate culture into the local office, lead by example, and serve as a role model.
- Identify short and long-range new opportunities for the firm within the geographic market outside and/or in addition to the identified current markets being practiced in the office, and stay informed of local economic trends.
- Serve as the community’s “Face of the Firm” in the assigned area of geographic segmentation.
- Participate in local (non- specific to a particular practice area) business development activities; i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development, etc.
- Lead internal and external administrative communications.
- Ensure all communications/deliverables are compliant with the Brand Identity Guide.
- Enforce company policies in local office.
- Manage and oversee staff.
- Manage indirect labor activities (to include expenses) to benefit the firm.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and guidance to other PICs by mentoring and motivating staff on issues such as performance feedback, technical guidance, financial management, and client relations.
- Facilitate local interviewing, hiring and firing, training employees, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing issues/complaints, and resolving problems in close coordination with PICs and Practice Area Leaders (PALs).
- Lead group of Project Managers delivering services to client.
- Ensure responsible parties are undertaking appropriate action to collect ARs while documenting activities.
- Review project close-outs and take appropriate corrective actions within the office to improve performance.
- Ensure corporate quality management processes are implemented and followed throughout the office.
- Prepare “Office Initiatives” and assure their successful completion.
- Oversee Project Support operations within the local office including A/R’s.
- Evaluate needs and prepare capital requests necessary to support local resources.
- Conduct operations and business development meetings at appropriate frequencies with PICs and PMs in office.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Active Professional License (PE, RPLS, etc.) in Washington State
- Minimum 10 years of design experience, with an additional seven years of staff supervisory and project management experience
- Ability to operate first priority as Principal-in-Charge over projects and operations, followed by added-value duties assigned to you as Managing Principal of an office
- Proven ability to market clients and secure contracts is a must
- Proven ability to Supervise people and teams, while understanding and enforcing company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Track record of superior client service in local market
- An inclusive, collaborative leadership style
- Proven communication skills—written, verbal, presentation
- Commitment to being active within the community to foster and cultivate new/existing relationships
- Proven track record of profitable, high-performing operations
- Ability to proactively develop and execute strategic growth plan for the office
- Results orientation together with highly developed client service capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver positive outcomes on projects
- Ability to motivate, lead, and positively engage with staff
- Lead Principal-in-Charge in their designated geographic location
- Serve as our ambassador to the local community
- Implement company culture, practices, and policy in a geographical market
- Serve as a mentor and resource to other principals in a geographic market
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields