Ventilation Design Engineer
Our client’s mission is to protect people, planet, and production from harmful effects of industrial processes. By doing that, they contribute to efficient production, environmental benefits, and safer workplaces. Clean air is a cornerstone of sustainable production. Our client is committed to providing their customers with leading engineering, design and turn-key air filtration solutions and services. They value employees who are highly motivated, well organized and have a desire to be part of a team-oriented culture, and with a passion for handling challenging and diverse assignments. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, pro-active, and growth-oriented environment that can prioritize and maintain oversight of multiple tasks simultaneously. They will be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and digging into the details as they work to broaden their business acumen and leadership skills for future personal growth and development within the corporation.
Responsible for project design engineering for ventilation projects, and project management to deliver engineering packages to customers. The Ventilation Engineer will be heavily involved in supporting the sales process of phase 1 and phase 2: sale of an engineering package and sale of complete dust collection system.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide design details on capture hoods, ductwork, and system air flow (static pressure calculations).
- Balance equipment specifications such as filter, fan, ductwork, controls, etc.
- Other engineering required to support the sales team to ensure purchase-ready quotations can be delivered to qualified customers.
After-Sale/ Project Management: 30%-40%
- Main point of contact with the customer on expectations and project deliverables including but not limited to project scheduling, equipment purchasing, installation supervision, system balancing etc.
- System startup and commissioning after proper qualifications.
- Arrange DP0 meetings and deliver purchase-ready quotes to customers.
- Pre-sale site visits to review scope, requirements, etc. along with presentation of company offering.
- Proactive sales work in conjunction with Inside Sales Team and Service Manager during business lulls with primary focus on promoting and discussing system upgrades, IoT, etc. to prospective customers as determined by Sales Manager.
- All other duties that may be necessary from time to time outside the normal scope of your job description that will contribute towards company meeting its goals and objectives.
- Travel up to 50% to customer sites for data collections, sales presentations, etc.
Your Education and Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience in designing for industrial dust collection systems.
- 2+ years project management and installation experience
Your skills and traits
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Skilled in CAD
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
What we offer is more than just a job…
- An opportunity to be part of a truly innovative and fast-growing international company.
- A team-focused work environment where your efforts won’t go unnoticed or unappreciated.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including PTO, health care insurance, 401K, disability, and life insurance.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields