Traveling Multifamily Superintendent
$115,000 - $140,000 / yr
This Company is a Top 50 National builder of Class A multifamily apartments across the U.S. and is one of the most active multifamily builders in Southeast region. Headquartered in Atlanta,GA the Company has over a 60-year history of successful developments throughout major Eastern US markets.
Superintendent Position Summary
The Lead Superintendent will manage daily operations onsite including the project staff and subcontractors for large apartment style developments. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Must have several years of experience building Garden / Student-Housing (or Podium Wrap) type projects, from start through completion.
- Preferred experience also with cast-in-place and precast garage construction is preferred
- Proven experience on running large sites and successful completion of schedule, budget, client satisfaction and safety.
• Work with other staff members to negotiate any changes with subcontractors
• Ensures compliance with company policies and safety procedures as well as contract plans and specifications
• Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
• Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required for review
• Meets with project personnel to discuss & provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for and assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk analysis
• Manages the process to ensure that documented commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time
• Reviews and approves vendor pay estimates, material requests and invoices
• Draft, review and approve works and purchase / change orders
• Attends & directs project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
• Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phase
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
KEY Skills and Abilities
- MULTIFAMILY NEW-Construction Experience (New Projects $30-60+MM in Value)
- Garden / Podium / Wrap Style project experience preferred
- Travel within the Southeast Region per project locations.
- Travel-Home visits every 2 weeks
- Ability to work well with a team & manage multiple field employees as needed
- 8-10+ years of (Multifamily) construction Superintendent experience in the ground-up / new-construction industry with Apartment projects.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields