Responsible for supervision and training of drivers at distribution center and for ensuring deliveries are made in safe, efficient and timely manner. Assists with monitoring Department of Transportation (DOT) logs, ensures drivers are in compliance with all DOT and OpCo regulations, and coordinates the tracking of all relevant information on drivers. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Supervises associates to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution. Assists in scheduling as well as ensuring deliveries and pickups are made in a timely manner. Rides with drivers for training and/or evaluation purposes.
- Assists Transportation/Operations Manager with overall day-to-day administration of transportation and delivery functions, which may include calculating driver payroll, reviewing driver trip logs and expense reports, identifying and resolving problems, and ensuring that drivers are compliant with DOT and OpCo regulations. Operates computer keyboard to enter and access data in automated fleet management system.
- Ensures drivers fulfill duties safely by monitoring vehicle safety, safe usage of ramps and handcarts, seat and weight belt use, and safe lifting and product-handling practices. May attend quarterly safety meetings.
- Coordinates tracking of all relevant information on drivers, such as license status, traffic tickets, accidents and other risk and safety-related data.
- Ensures accurate completion of all delivery and driver-related paperwork including invoices, cash receipts, collection register, trip reports, fuel tickets, deposit slips, DOT logs, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR), driver qualification files and accident reporting.
- Ensures maintenance of all trucks, tractors and trailers through detailed review of post-trip inspections
- Works in conjunction with Transportation or Operations Manager to minimize operating expenses and to ensure all deliveries are efficiently routed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required Education: High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
MUST HAVE A CDL
Required Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Please specify: Transportation or related experience including knowledge of DOT and safety regulations, along with experience in operation of computerized fleet management systems.