MUST HAVE TRANSPORTATION/LOGISTICS EXPERIENCE IN FOOD MANUFACTURING.
Responsible for overseeing efficient and cost-effective movement of finished goods from manufacturing/distribution facilities. The position will work closely with Production Scheduling, Customer Service and the Warehouse Management teams to ensure timely movement of customers’ orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrier Communication: Communicate and collaborate with various common carriers and dedicated service providers to transport customer orders. This includes capacity planning, tender execution, performance measurement and freight pay and audit.
- Product Routing: Optimizes customer delivery and pick-up orders in accordance with requested delivery date. Recommends and selects carriers for delivering best service value for company. Routes orders in accordance with specific account requirements while maximizing load factor and value options for best cost efficiency.
- Reporting: Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports on issues of volume throughput, delivered costs, carrier compliance and on-time performance through our TMS platform. Compile and review information concerning carrier performance and adherence to service standards.
- Develop Daily Work plans: Create, communicate and balance the daily warehouse work plans’volumes and priorities. This includes all outbound and inbound volume moving via Fleet, Common carrier and Customer pick- ups with attention given to loads requiring special handling, specific carrier instructions or priority loading.
- Inter-Department Communication: Effectively communicate with production planning, warehouse, purchasing and customer service teams to expedite movement of product and resolve issues concerning customer delivery and plant inbound goods.
- Operational Oversight: Supervise the support staff’s transactional activities concerning OS&D reporting, product returns and sample shipments and communicate to internal departments. Monitor the daily operational plan through our TMS system and ensure that all operational functions are progressing on plan. Continue to supervise and assist in those functions as business volumes and personnel requirements dictate.
- Continuous Improvement: Recognize and implement opportunities to operate a
faster, better and more efficient department while adding rigor to our existing systems. Drive the experience, knowledge and development of our operational staff.
- Commitment to Safety: Communicate and enforce safety culture protocols and SOPs to our carrier partners and transportation service providers throughout our network.
- Other Duties: As identified and assigned.
Supervise and work closely with Logistic support staff in the department. Support company initiatives while supervising in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Additional responsibilities involve planning, assigning, and directing work while appraising performance and developing talent.
Education and/or Experience
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of progressive experience in Transportation and Logistics fields. A Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university is preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields