Tool and Die Maker
$32 - $34
Summary: Our Client is seeking a Tooling & Die Maker to build, repair, and maintain tooling and fixtures to the required safety, quality, and production standards. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a tool & die maker and be able to run all manual machines in the shop, troubleshoot tools, weld (MIG and TIG), and problem-solve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, repair, and maintain tooling and fixtures to the required safety, quality, and production standards.
- Work from blueprints, work orders, sketches, or instructions.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble dies, molds, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Troubleshoot die and mold quality issues.
- Make complicated details and fixtures from examples.
- Make judgmental calls on complicated tool repairs.
- Follow all safety rules and keep work area clean and orderly.
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing of component and frame assembly drawings.
- Understand all tooling stage operations so that quality concerns can be addressed and corrected.
- Make tooling repairs due to bad hits, double hits, bad set-ups, etc.
- Be able to change over tooling to produce different parts and to spot tools for proper metal fits.
- Understand all tooling component functions so that the highest possible run time and quality can be maintained.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules and spare parts inventory for tooling to reduce downtime.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required; 2 years technical or trade school with an emphasis on tool making preferred.
- Tool & Die Maker certificate is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a tool & die maker preferred.
- Independent and organized work style with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work responsibilities, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must be able to run all manual machines in the shop, troubleshoot tools, weld (MIG and TIG), and problem-solve.
- Ability to work well with ever-changing priorities and situations.
- Strives to find more effective ways of working and embraces new ways of working.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in the tool & die facility.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Must be able to climb up and down, as well as work using a ladder.
- Employee is regularly exposed to vibration, and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The work environment is characterized by vibration, moving mechanical parts, varied temperatures, dust, odors, oil, fumes, and a very loud noise environment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields