St Louis, MO
$60,000 - $75,000 / yr
Our client is a debt-free, 3rd generation family business with over 100 nationwide mobile distributors of MRO parts and supplies. They are seeking a Territory Manager to service a protected territory with thousands of potential customers and some territories are even established with customers. The Territory Manager will operate a fully stocked mobile store and is equipped to serve the needs of over 35 industries. Company covers all overhead for first year, including mileage. Very lucrative bonus plans and highest commissions paid in the industry. Outside sales experience preferred, especially in route or industrial sales. Company benefits include medical, dental and life insurance plus 401k. Salary: 1st year approximately $75,000; 2nd year approximately $90,000; 3rd year approximately $100,000 or more. Must be able to purchase an approved vehicle (mobile store) or 14×7 box trailer which the company helps navigate potential financing options.
This sales position will provide various types of industrial hardware directly to customers within a defined geographic territory through cold-calling and prospecting activities.
Key Results Areas
- Consistently meet or exceed the Company sales objectives for a Territory Manager as identified by their Division Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Develop new sales prospects through research, referrals, and calling on other businesses in close proximity to existing customers.
- Make face-to-face calls on cold and warm sales prospects.
- Service customers in the manner outlined in Company training materials.
- Submit complete and accurate daily business report detailing sales orders and prospect calls.
- Present products and services to existing and prospective customers using sample boards, product demo, and the mobile store.
- Maintain the cleanliness, operation, marketing and functionality of the mobile store.
- Continually maintain customer contact information through the use of company software. Including – customer notes, names, phone numbers, email address, and current physical address to be updated daily.
- Provide an approved fully insured vehicle, the insurance, fuel, and maintenance, and various technological tools necessary to successfully operate an assigned sales territory, including but not limited to designated mobile devices (tablets, ipad, and phones).
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to continually improve job-related skills.
- Other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Outside industrial sales experience preferred, especially in route or industrial sales
- Proven history of goal attainment
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and information in written and verbal communications
- Proficiency with databases, spreadsheets, email, and common business applications
- Working knowledge of the products we sell is helpful
- Must be able to purchase or lease an approved vehicle (mobile store)
- Must reside within territory
- Above average mechanical interest
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to kneel & bend down to the floor on a regular basis
- Clean driving history
- Conduct one’s self in a professional manner when representing the company ie. driving approved vehicle, when wearing company attire, company functions
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields