Territory Business Manager
Territory Business Manager
- Meet or exceed all established territory sales plan managing to budgets by developing and implementing strategies specific to the assigned territory that aligns to the overall commercial brand strategy.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with targeted opinion leaders and hospitals/ASCs, including surgeons, anesthesiologists, pharmacy, other critical medical staff, etc.
- Develop strategically targeted account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces. Discover who the decision-makers and key contacts are in hospital accounts, and establish and maintain professional relationships and developing buy-in and support for acute care portfolio.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure acute care products are on hospital formulary as well as in EMR systems, on protocols and standing orders to ensure pull-through.
- Engage in informed discussions and communicate a compliant, current, effective, on-message and accurate sales presentation to customers. Customize interactions based on individual customer needs and perspectives.
- Develop and implement special programs within territory to maximize sales opportunities, (i.e. peer-to-peer programs).
- Verbally deliver clear and concise instruction on the safe and efficacious use of acute care products to customers in and out of the operating room setting, including in-services for surgeons and clinical staff.
- Participate fully in training on new data and materials through in person and online training programs. Attend district, regional and national meetings, as required.
- Maintain an updated working knowledge of acute care products, relevant disease states, and competitor products in order to provide comprehensive clinical knowledge to customer contacts.
- Able to carry out all duties and responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations and Pharma guidelines. Complete assigned administrative tasks, including customer records, in a timely, accurate, legible, and organized manner complying with all corporate policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum three (3) or more years of pharmaceutical hospital sales or account management experience and 2-3 years in the geography.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience building and maintaining strong professional relationships with pharmacists and surgeons across multiple specialties. Experience in orthopedic and general surgery, pain management preferred.
- Demonstrated strong business skills to understand and analyze business and market drivers, and develop, execute and adjust business plans.
- Demonstrated experience working alongside physicians and staff in the operating room.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with hospital pharmacies and getting on P&T including experience building a coalition across different groups to get a product on formulary.
- Demonstrated understanding of EMR and CPOE systems.
- Demonstrated experience getting products into protocols/standing orders and experience with general pull-through.
- Demonstrated ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders and develop successful business plans.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of how to create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of products and how to contrast, compare, and position acute care products compliantly versus competition.
- Ability to communicate a current, effective, and accurate sales presentation to customers.
- Ability to understand and retain comprehensive knowledge of information regarding pain management practices, related disease states, and associated patient care.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures and applicable FDA and OIG legal standards and requirements as well as PhRMA Code.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in addition to being self-motivated with a sense of urgency, well organized, and possessing strong problem-solving abilities.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields