$75,000 - $110,000 / yr
Job Title: Tax Senior
Job Description: Our CPA firm, a California-based husband and wife team with Big 4 experience, is seeking an Tax Senior on a fully remote basis to join their full-service accounting firm.
They value family, good client service, and real work/life balance.
They have 40+ small to medium sized clients we provide bookkeeping for across multiple verticals including crypto, interior design, online e-commerce , professional services and influencers to name a few.
They also provide HR, tax, and consulting services along with helping over 100 tax season clients.
- 3 weeks paid time off (PTO), 9 holidays, and 2 floating holidays.
- Medical, dental, and 401(k) with a 100% match up to 3%.
- Monthly internet and cell phone reimbursement.
Primary responsibilities will be to prepare tax returns, quarterly estimate projections, organize and manage the gathering of documents, reviewing bookkeeping, project management, cleaning up financial statements, client interaction and being a proactive and energetic member of the team.
- 3 plus years of experience and CPA preferred
- 4 year degree in Accounting required
- Strong technology skills since this is a remote position
- Prepare U.S. income tax returns (1040-Individual; 1120-S-corps, 1120-C-corps, 1065-Partnerships, and 1041 Estates & Trusts). Since they are CA based, someone comfortable with multi-state return preparation is needed. Foreign tax compliance is a plus.
- Proficient in researching various tax matters, finding the correction solution and documenting it so it can be repeated.
- Code bank transactions, reconcile accounts, prepare and review client financial statements and review work done by bookkeepers.
- Ability to look at financial statements in QuickBooks Online and make needed adjustments via journal entries to clean up financials for tax preparation.
- Manage process of gathering client documents and organizing them into workpapers to prepare tax returns.
- Desire and ability to manage and train junior staff ensuring high quality of work product.
- A self-starter who seeks constant process improvement
- Proactively identify and address issues with financials or tax returns and update partners accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to engage with clients and team members effectively via video (MS Teams, Zoom)
Software Experience Desired, but not required
- Quickbooks Online, SurePrep, UltraTax, Planner CS, Canopy, MS Excel
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields