$90,000 - $130,000 / yr
We are looking for a Tax Manager for our client in Charlotte, NC. This is a hybrid position after training commences, but candidates must be in the Charlotte area.
Responsibilities for Tax Manager
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company’s US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
Qualifications for Tax Manager
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline. The Tax Manager must be proficient with the following software/tools:
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields