Located near the Nassau/Suffolk Border, our client was founded 40 years ago. Since its inception, they have expanded through mergers and internal growth. Their expertise ranges from accounting and auditing to tax and estate planning.
This position requires you to be in the office 5 days a week.
Due to growth, they are currently looking for a full-time Tax Accountant responsible for performing tax and accounting work as assigned.
The position offers a range of opportunities to grow in rank and proficiency through special assignments, team development and paid CPE opportunities. Normal business hours Mondays through Fridays with the ability to work extended hours and Saturdays during tax seasons and statutory deadline periods.
- Education ‐ Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA a MUST
- Experience ‐ Minimum 5 years in recent public accounting; 2‐3 years in tax preparation
- Software ‐ Working knowledge of automated tax software; including QuickBooks
- Executes accurate and timely preparation of all individual, partnership and corporate tax returns
- Performs orderly management of tax workpapers
- Maintains and reconciles balance sheets, general ledger accounts
- Assists in issues of tax resolution
- Researches tax law and regulation updates
- Review work within the team to ensure timely and accurate completion of audits
- Assist staff with other accounting projects as required
- Maintain effective working relationships with Partners and staff to review work and discuss changes, as needed, to ensure efficient workflow and excellent client relations
Competitive base salary, insurance, 401K matching, and much more
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields