West Chicago, IL
$70,000 - $85,000 / yr
- Primarily federal and state work- but broad exposure to all taxes including international.
- This is a growing and very profitable Billion-dollar company.
- Opportunity for quick promotion to Senior.
- Enjoy great work life balance and work 3 days per week from home.
The Tax Accountant is responsible for the accumulation of information necessary to prepare the federal and state income tax returns for the Company. Review of tax returns prepared by outside service provider is required. Will research and determine specific payment amounts so the most accurate information is applied to the returns. Will examine tax accounts and records to determine how much tax the Company owes by researching federal laws, regulations and tax rates. This position will prepare and review quarterly and year-end tax provisions.
1. Will prepare and review estimated federal and state income tax payments.
2. Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
3. Perform year-end and quarterly accrual review and preparation of the tax provision.
4. Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
5. May / review prepare personal property tax returns, annual reports, intangible tax returns, sales and use tax returns, and/or other various tax filings.
6. Research projects to ensure accurate filings.
7. Assist in federal and state audits.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
2. Public accounting and industry experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and tax software.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields