Tax Accountant – Public Accounting – 4+ years
Love public accounting and tax, but getting burned out by the hours? Looking for career growth leading to partner without killing yourself in the process?
Our client is a small CPA firm in central Ohio focusing on small to mid-sized businesses, not-for-profits, and high wealth individuals.
They are looking for an accounting professional to join their team as a Tax Accountant. In this role, you do all the things you would expect such as work with small business execs and their firms, consult on tax strategies, prepare / oversee returns, make sure tax payments are made accurately and on time, etc. Beyond that, you work with clients to help them run the organizations smoothly with a minimum of hassle from a tax reporting and compliance perspective. They are open to a strong professional who can work in a hybrid or possibly remote environment.
What’s different from other Tax Accounting jobs? We interviewed the current staff:
- “It’s a real family-oriented company. If I need to take my kid to the doctor, I can do it and adjust my hours without being made to feel guilty about it.”
- “Busy season is still busy season, but I have so much more control over my schedule and work hours.”
- “I like that we have a shorter work week at 37.5 hours and get anything in excess paid out or banked as time off.”
- “There’s no politics here. Everyone is open and honest, no pretenses, and no games.”
- “The Managing Partner sits just down the hall, and I see him all the time. His door’s always open and I can just walk in and talk about a situation or ask a question.”
- “I came from a large firm where it was all about your boss making partner. Here, there are no ego’s – we all work as a team to help each other.”
- “We do all sorts of team and community things, like charity golf outings and helping our not for profit clients with their events and initiatives.”
- A passion for Tax Accounting and 4+ years experience doing tax and related work in public accounting.
- Experience with Tax Accounting for individuals, small business, family business, LLC’s, S-corps, partnerships, etc.
- You’ll be in a client facing role with a set of clients, so strong interpersonal and relationship skills are key to success.
- The ability to dig into records and figure out ways to help the client. Adept at common software like UltraTax, Quickbooks, and Excel.
- A degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- CPA / CPA candidate preferred, but not required.
- Location in central Ohio to come into the office as needed.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields