Swiss CNC Machinist
programming, setting up, editing, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine;
maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Provides training for company staff as directed.
1. Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications,
reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric
dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
2. Programs mills and lathes by using CAM software (Esprit, Mastercam), entering instructions,
including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional
switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part
3. Sets-up Mori Seiki multi axis turning centers with dual spindle and live tooling, Citizen Swiss turning
centers with dual spindle and live tooling, vertical machining center with fanuc control by installing
and adjusting live tooling, chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and stock pushers;
indicating vices; tramming heads.
4. Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to
5. Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing,
knurling and threading operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting
processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering
to quality assurance procedures and processes.
6. Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing
needs. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
7. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical
8. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
9. Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
10. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered. Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety
procedures and regulations, notifying safety representative or supervision of unsafe conditions. Is
knowledgeable of and follows Lockout/ Tag out safety procedures, as well as all OSHA rules and
regulations relating to the machine shop.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
• Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts in reading and using the measurement gauges and
blueprints to inspect for part conformity.
• Able to interpret GDT, read all mechanical blueprints and interpret engineering
• Able to use computer software tools for effective data recording and presentations.
• Knowledge of CAD and CAM software and applying it to CNC lathes and mills with up to 11
• Able to set-up, edit, and operate Mori Seiki multi axis turning center with dual spindle and
live tooling and Citizen Swiss turning centers with dual spindle and live tooling and vertical
machining center with fanuc control.
• Able to set-up and operate various types of band saws, drill presses, OD/ID grinders, and
• Able to set-up and operate integrated and non-integrated bar feeders on lathers.
• Able to perform tasks with a high level of accuracy.
• Able to machine small parts to tight tolerances.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and team orientation.
• High level of organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Requires a two year Associate’s degree in manufacturing or machine technology or successful
completion of a related apprentice program. An equivalent combination of education and
experience may be considered.
5 years similar experience which includes CNC machining, assembly of electronic-mechanical
products, tooling, production processes, and quality control experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields