Supply Chain Strategist
Spring Grove, IL
Sales and Supply Chain Strategist
The Tier 1 Sales and Supply Chain Strategist is responsible to develop and execute a process for how we interact with target OEMs from listening to their challenges and strategies (lead time, price, capital avoidance) and how we present with a supply chain solution to solve a problem. This leader will use this data to support the customer facing economic logic for tier 1 finished machine work. He/She will develop and document a network of partners and capabilities on the outside to facilitate this strategy.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with our commercial team and listen to the needs of our customers to develop an end-to-end supply chain solution to satisfy their needs. Provide the leadership and coaching to the members of the commercial team to identify and expand the Tier 1 option for different customers and markets
- After value is discovered and agreed to with customer, develop the supply chain strategy in collaboration with company technical and Process Engineering teams.
- Identification and development of a competitive vendor base within SF established procedures
- Develop partnerships with suppliers to support the development of the process and value template to communicate true value savings to the customer with the company commercial team
- Evaluate external manufacturing process to assure purchased operations can be conducted successfully. Determine risks based on process, inspection methods, and detailed manufacturing knowledge to develop purchased process description. Identify capable suppliers, create manual RFQ and evaluate quotations, selecting and developing stable, long-term partners.
- Monitor supplier quality, OTD and price performance, and company due date performance in support of successful outsourcing. Problem resolution when identified on internal or outsourced process.
- Program Management—Working with a cross functional team, develop deliverables and work agreements, establish tasks, task dependencies, schedule, and cost to support the expanded supply chain scope aligned to customer requirement.
- Success in this role is a combination of technical and interpersonal capabilities where a broad technical competence is required to effectively identify what and how to purchase while building effective relationships with colleagues, suppliers, and customers to develop innovative supply chain solutions that support sales growth.
- Other duties as assigned
- Listening to customers on their most significant challenges
- Project Management – excellent organizational, workflow and planning skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be an effective communicator, excellent listener and strong collaborator
- Strong work ethic, highly responsive and dedicated to producing high quality work and a robust supply chain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across organizational levels
- High-level of interpersonal skills
- Active listener, articulate and organized
- Learning on the fly
- Critical thinking
- Strong business and supply chain acumen
- Innovation Management
- BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Manufacturing Technologies
- Significant exposure to general machining, minimum of 5 years
- Experience developing supplier relationships in the machining and associated environment
- 5-7 years in the supply chain procurement or development
- APIC CPIM Certified – Preferred
- Progression of responsibility
- Base level of busines acumen
- Strong Project Management skills
- Exposure to modern quality systems
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Office environment and plant environment.
- Up to 50% travel to partner machine shops and/or customers
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields