Supply Chain Manager / Materials Manager
$110,000 - $125,000 / yr
SUPPLY CHAIN / MATERIALS MANAGER SUMMARY:
- Supply Chain / Materials Manager prepares instructions regarding purchasing system and procedures.
- Directs the preparation of and issuance of purchase orders and change notices.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Designs and develops systems and procedures to implement purchasing, production scheduling, inventory control and traffic which assures the availability of parts, materials and transportation for an uninterrupted flow of materials for production in accordance with “Just-in-time” delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum inventories.
- Formulates, establishes and administers plant purchasing procedures which are consistent with and supplement established corporate and division policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures and requirements for parts suppliers to improve timeliness of parts and materials delivery.
- Develops and implements visual inventory management systems on the production floor.
- Provides for the maintenance of purchased materials and supplies inventories to assure the availability of materials and parts required to fulfill the plant’s ongoing need for these parts.
- Sets guidelines and follows up with suppliers to improve the efficiency of suppliers to provide cost savings while maintaining the even flow of raw materials necessary to produce the finished product for our customer.
- Assists in the development of inventory budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels upon which performance can be measured and operating controls affected. Provides guidance to plant personnel for the management of inventories at approved operating levels.
- Develops procedures to handle engineering changes during the model year for the plant, suppliers and customer to provide for orderly transition in the flow of materials and production.
- Assists Plant Engineering and Plant Quality Manager in the Vendor Quality Assurance Program.
- Assists as required in resolving this disposition of substandard or rejected materials.
- Develops procedures to handle changes in product in order to coordinate the changes in parts and materials within the plant system, with suppliers and with customer, to insure timely start-up of production.
- Ensures supplies are delivered on time to provide uninterrupted production and shipment of finished goods.
- Effectively adapt and implement computer technology in developing orderly manufacture and on-time delivery of the plant’s product.
- Maintains Bill of Material and databases to support manufacturing system software.
- Utilizes and practices methods of continuous improvement.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have recent experience in an Automotive Manufacturing plant.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience (customers, suppliers, employees).
- Results oriented approach.
- Broad based supply chain management and process development knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- PC software skills and Strong ERP knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Strong time management skills and customer focus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields