Supply Chain Manager
$90,000 - $114,000 / yr
The Supply Chain Manager ensures the smooth operation of various processes contributing to the production of hair products. This role involves coordinating, organizing, and overseeing all activities related to the identification, acquisition, and distribution of goods. Key responsibilities include developing supply chain strategies, managing supplier relationships, serving as a supply chain representative during product development, negotiating contracts, and ensuring timely and cost-effective material delivery. Collaboration with various departments, such as Manufacturing, Quality, Creative, Finance, R&D, and Product Development, is a crucial part of the role. The ideal candidate should possess prior experience in managing supply chains for Consumer Packaged Goods.
– Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to maintain effective supply chain resources and build strong relationships with internal and external partners.
– Establish performance metrics to measure factors affecting the supply chain, deliver cost savings, and maximize value through initiatives.
– Analyze current inventories and procedures to suggest efficiency improvements and inventory reduction strategies.
– Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes, negotiate with carriers, and develop contingency plans to mitigate supply chain risks.
– Assess material-handling equipment and staffing needs for efficient material movement and storage.
– Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, and shipping companies.
– Participate as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information on material availability and pricing options.
– Coordinate engineering changes, product line extensions, and new product launches to ensure smooth material and production flow transitions.
– Develop vendor qualification standards, monitor supplier performance, and support Quality Control (QC) in maintaining quality and safety documents.
– Implement policies to increase supply chain efficiency while maintaining quality and safety standards.
– Lead the Supply Chain team, coach and mentor team members, and foster a high-performing culture with a focus on continuous improvement.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
– Minimum 5 years of supply chain management experience in Consumer Packaged Goods.
– Strong analytical skills, including intermediate Excel skills (e.g., VLOOKUP, pivot tables, SUMIFS, conditional formulas).
– Logistics management experience.
– Budget and cost management skills.
– Ability to identify cost-saving opportunities and analyze data to reduce supply chain costs.
– Operational strategizing abilities.
– Strong initiative and leadership skills.
– Collaboration and teamwork.
This position manages all employees within the Supply Chain departments, overseeing leadership, performance management, and ensuring adherence to OSHA regulations.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
– Equivalent 5+ years of previous managerial-level supply chain management experience, including forecasting, scheduling, and real-time operations management.
– Experience with Sage X3 is a plus.
– Experience in a manufacturing environment.
– Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
– Lean Manufacturing certification is a plus.
– Certifications in effective management and communication are a plus.
– Relevant training certifications in industry topics are a plus.
Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate at all employee levels and strong initiative and leadership capabilities.
Advanced mathematical skills for researching supply chain analytics, investigating complex issues, problem-solving, and making operational decisions.
– Technical capacity.
– Problem solving/analysis.
– Customer/client focus.
– Decision making.
– Project management.
– Communication proficiency.
– Teamwork orientation.
This position is mostly sedentary but may require some standing, walking, bending, and filing. It involves repetitive hand movements and extended periods in front of a computer monitor. The employee is also required to talk and hear.
This role operates in a professional office environment and may also involve working in a busy warehouse and production environment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields