Supplier Quality Engineer
$65,000 - $80,000 / yr
Major and established brand name company at a high volume manufacturing site commutable to the east of the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area for a Supplier Quality Engineer. They recruit and develop people from diverse backgrounds who can bring their skills and experience to their organization and make them even more effective. Very good benefits and relocation assistance are available with this position as well as 3% bonus potential.
- Leads Supplier SREA changes, collects & reviews Supplier PPAP documentation with CFT members, review and analyze supplier performance for ongoing statistical controls to ensure the company’s and customers quality requirements are met on assigned products and programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategies for the training of Supplier Quality Assurance and Inspections on new and existing testing equipment utilized on floor and labs to include but not limited to calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems, Digital Hardness Testers, contour tracers, surface testers, and roundness testers.
- Improve receiving inspection process for supplier components
- Develop, implement, and maintain inspection standards for auditing of raw materials and products at different stages in the receiving/manufacturing shipping process.
- Effectively coordinate auditing and documentation of raw materials and products at different stages of the manufacturing process.
- Lead projects to improve quality of processes, products, and components as a result of internal/external findings or customer complaints. Perform joint analysis of complex problems with suppliers monitoring 8D submission and review, design, manufacturing, and other departments, to determine root cause and support development of countermeasures.
- Leads or participates in Kaizen activities to analyze and review countermeasures by supplier concerns associated with processes, equipment, and completed parts.
- Performs annual CQI assessments for internal Special Process identified for all programs to conform to Customer Specific Requirements. Maintains and Reviews Special Process Systems Assessment, such as CQI 9 Heat Treat Systems Assessment, for all Supplier processes to conform to Customer Specific Requirements.
- Document data, maintain database and develop computerized status reports related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and other process, material, or product quality related issues.
- Oversee and monitor activities of the product sorting function and return of defective parts, including problem analysis, training, and assignment.
- Develop, implement and maintain full layout inspections from suppliers for all raw materials and CpK for all special characteristics, identify vital points and communicate to supplier to conform to Customer Specific Requirements.
- Engineering related bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience. Proficiency in use of ATS, SPC, FMEA, and knowledge of calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems, and other measuring equipment. (Preferably experience in automotive manufacturing environment)
- Customer-service and detail orientation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven QC technical skills (Capability Studies, APQP, PPAP).
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts.
- Supervisory experience will include two years supervising technical personnel.
- Must be proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint. Some Access experience preferred.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields