Supervisor Sheetmetal Fabrication
Sheet Metal Fabrication Supervisor is responsible for supervision of shoopfloor personnel and production of fabrication department.
Sheet Metal Fabrication Supervisor Responsibilites
- Supervise all staff in the group (1st and 2nd shift) in accordance to policies and principles. Ensure employees follow TUS rules and regulations, as well as guidelines outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure employees adhere to safe working practices. Management of safety related topics, including maintenance of safety related documentation, facilitation of ergonomic workshops, safety walks, accident reporting and investigation.
- Ensure product quality and adherence to quality process requirements. Support and instruct employees to maintain quality reporting. Initiate and support corrective action as required. Cooperate with QC-team on calibration requirements for department measurement equipment and ensure QC tools are in good working condition.
- Support introduction of design changes, new products, processes and procedures. Develop or revise standards and programs for operational procedures, organizational structure and working practices.
- Address and resolve process and other work-related issues. Assist employees in work related problem solving.
- Review production schedule and working queue and assign resources accordingly. Manage workflow, strife for 100% OTD, 0% quality defects and 100% productivity.
- Responsible for staff scheduling: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations and back-up for absent employees. Preparation and execution of personnel development and training plans. Ensure staff stays abreast with training requirements, in particular safety related training.
- Forecast requirements for the department regarding staffing, training and equipment. Assists department management in hiring of personnel.
- Drive lean (SYNCHRO) improvement efforts and adherence to 5s schedules.
Previous experience in a manufacturing supervisory position required. Familiarity with products a plus. Strong experience in project management and SYNCHRO required. Knowledge of SAP or any other MRP system a plus. Strong communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
Minimum 4-year technical degree or the suitable combination of education and work experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields