$125,000 - $140,000 / yr
The Superintendent will supervise all phases of project construction from ground breaking through project closeout, for a variety of projects including Caltrans, private development, military, and airports among others. You will be responsible for the scheduling, performance, coordination and supervision of all the employees and resources assigned to the project. Project locations include Riverside County, San Diego County and Imperial County.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess strong leadership and organizational skills, have a proven track record of producing profitable work while maintaining the highest safety standards, be able to maintain strong field and interoffice relationships, be able to effectively direct the efforts of field and subcontractors to meet deadlines while maintaining the ability to shift priorities rapidly to accommodate various work load changes.
- Supervising all phases of construction.
- Read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Plan, prepare and manage schedules and budgets.
- Attend project meetings with owners, subcontractors, and office personnel.
- Maintain accurate quantity tracking for billing and review of pay estimates.
- Understand scope of contract and change orders.
- Ability to multi-task under stress to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with inspectors to insure timely inspections.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Oversee project quality of crew and subcontractors.
- Provide accurate job costing and revenue projections.
- Represent the company in an appropriate manner to Owners, Subcontractors and other professionals.
- Ensure that required safety standards are complied with by all project staff and subcontractors,
REQUIREMENTS Qualifications include knowledge of multi-phased highway projects in Riverside County with an emphasis on Caltrans work as well as the ability to manage private projects. Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and the ability to supervise several crews and subcontractors.
- Proven track record of profitable performance on DOT (Caltrans preferred) projects
- HMA Paving experience and/or overlay experience
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to plan and schedule the work of others.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers including email, scheduling and project management software
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
10+ Years experience in heavy civil contracting
Proficiency with P6, Microsoft Office, and Vista / Viewpoint
All Company positions require satisfactory completion of a physical ability test and clean drug and alcohol screening.
We offer a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision and optional Flexible Spending, 401K, and Life benefits. Compensation is DOE.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields