Structural Field Engineer – Raleigh
We are Recruiting on Purpose, for our client’s Raleigh office a Structural Field Engineer.
What You Will Do:
We have a mid-level opportunity for a Structural Engineer who wants to work in the role of on-site field support for construction of a large manufacturing and warehouse facility in the Raleigh-Durham area. The position would require up to 6 months in the design office to become familiar with the project and to contribute to the completion of the Construction Documents. This would be followed by 12 to 18 months in the jobsite trailer alongside the general contractor and field support representatives from the other design disciplines.
This position is part of our Raleigh team. Our Raleigh office has a collaborative and interactive office culture, with a team full of people ready to help you grow and learn. This convenient location in West Raleigh is top-rated for work/life opportunities.
- Provide general oversight and jobsite observation of construction activities for deep foundations, soil improvement, cast-in-place concrete foundations, structural steel framing and slabs on metal deck.
- Support the 3rd party Structural Special Inspector and Construction Materials Testing firm in the timely resolution of discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Troubleshoot work by structural trades where conflicts arise and respond to trade contractor requests for information; provide immediate or timely verbal response, where reasonable, followed by written response for confirmation and record.
- Coordinate the structural submittal review process, directing work by the in-office design team and self-performing reviews of time sensitive submittals, where time allows.
- Collaborate with the general contractor, trade contractors and on-site design team representatives in developing and reviewing the construction model and coordination drawings.
- Attend trade contractor kick-off meetings and regular OAC construction meetings.
- Assist in the design and documentation of Construction Bulletins
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required with 5-10 years of design experience; Master’s degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- PE registration is required.
- Extensive field experience is preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with general supervision. A willingness to take on additional responsibilities presented.
- Strong written and communication skills are required.
- Effective in an entrepreneurial culture, working independently and as part of a team.
What We Offer:
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields