DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (CA) required.
- B.S. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required.
- Licensed Structural Engineer (CA) preferred.
- M.S. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of structural design experience including wood, steel and concrete structures.
- 3 years of computer experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ACAD, various design software).
- Concrete and steel construction methods and products: Practical working knowledge of common concrete and steel construction methods. Familiarity with Simpson products is a plus.
- Customer focus: Quickly and effectively solve customer problems and maintain productive internal and external customer relationships. Readily readjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs. Recognize potentially adverse customer reactions and develop better alternatives.
- Self-management: Set priorities, goals and timelines to achieve maximum productivity. Manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Speaking and communicating: Communicate verbally in an appropriate way for the audience he/she is speaking to. Communicate effectively with co-workers. Listen with full attention to what others are saying, making sure to understand the needs being expressed, asking questions as appropriate without interrupting at an inappropriate time. Ability to effectively present information to top management, customers, and other groups.
- Teamwork: Maintain a collaborative approach in dealing with other Simpson Strong-Tie employees. Demonstrate a genuine commitment to reach mutually beneficial solutions.
- Accountability and dependability: Arrive to work on time and follow instructions, policies, and procedures. Fulfill commitments made to customers, peers, co-workers, and managers. Hold self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Reading and writing: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form and deal with various items of abstract and/or concrete value.
- Attention to detail: Monitor and review work for accuracy and completeness. Complete work according to procedures and standards. Maintain an organized workspace. Understand verbal instructions.
- Microsoft Office and computer skills: Ability to utilize Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer to effectively complete work.
- Driving record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.
- Travel: 10% Travel away from home with occasional overnight stays.
This job requires 10% domestic travel.
Relocation may be available for this position.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields