The Staff Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the tasks outlined below:
· Developing new and maintaining or improving existing manufacturing processes with a focus on SAFETY, QUALITY, DELIVERY, and COST (SQDC).
· Creating and managing to project plans (tasks, resources, schedules) for process development activities.
· Providing ROI justification for process/equipment improvements and upgrades.
· Specifying, identifying and procuring new manufacturing equipment for production readiness and preparing equipment for production.
· Developing and optimizing process parameters.
· Developing/revising process documentation and work instructions.
· Assisting with design of custom tooling.
· Monitoring process yields, cost, and process stability and capability.
· Recommending and implementing quality improvements based on the above metrics.
· Creating, validating and maintaining automatic equipment programs.
· Solving of manufacturing problems (related to materials, designs, equipment, people) in a timely manner.
· Assisting with the training of new personnel and participating in the design of operator training materials.
· Supporting factory maintenance personnel with the troubleshooting and repair of process equipment.
· Codification of products.
· Understanding on multi-level BoM structures
· Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree, or higher in Engineering or related S.T.E.M. area.
· CAD (e.g. Autodesk suite or Solidworks).
· Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· ERP systems (JDE), creation of product codes, routings.
· Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and 6 sigma concepts for process development.
· Fluency in MS Office software applications.
· Ability to work second shift if required.
· Knowledge of automated equipment and robotics in a manufacturing environment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields