Staff Accountant-Accounting Services
New York, NY
The core job duties include but are not limited to:
– Responsible for full cycle accounting duties, including coding and entering vendor expenses, accounts payable and cutting checks, accounts receivable and invoicing clients, bank and credit card reconciliations, inventory posting, payroll processing, journal entry posting, accruals, month-end closing, and preparing monthly and quarterly sales and payroll tax returns.
– Assist with the preparation of year-end write-ups and year-end closings.
– Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of client accounts.
– Ability to establish accrual basis accounting books and records including processing Accounts payable and Accounts Receivables.
– Ability to establish cash basis accounting books using cash receipts, cash disbursements and bank feeds.
– Coordinate with the team to prepare, review and file clients W-2s, W-3 and 1099s.
– Assist in registering clients for various state taxes including payroll withholding, unemployment and sales & use tax.
– Fully process payroll through third parties and Internal (AMS Payroll) software.
– Create sales tax work papers and process payments through state websites.
– Create new companies in QuickBooks including establishing and maintaining Chart of Accounts.
– Capable of generating, analyzing and understanding financials reports: Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows, trend reports, and other ad-hoc analysis.
– Ability to analyze sales by state, expense by category and other financial information as needed
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields