Point Of Rocks, MD
$88,000 - $110,000 / yr
Our company is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high-rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US began as a partnership with Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 1000 people across the United States.
Hands-on, senior accountant role supporting operations and finance teams by applying principals of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principals) and performing daily and month/quarter/year-end accounting tasks while providing timely, accurate, and meaningful financial information. Candidate must be very organized, detail-oriented, and able to consistently develop high-quality, professional workpapers and documentation.
· Takes ownership of Company fixed asset/ CAPEX lifecycle processes to include:
· Support the operational CAPEX lead during monthly, quarterly, and had-hoc meetings with plant personnel and executive stakeholders;
· Provide guidance to stakeholders regarding capital criteria and OPEX/CAPEX decision making;
· Record asset additions, disposals, transfers, impairments, and depreciation;
· Assess common maintenance, expense, and capital accounts for potential expenditure misclassifications, and prepare journal entries to record adjusting entries; and
· Prepare fixed assets and construction in process reconciliations and related monthly CAPEX financial reports; and
· Complete other ad-hoc tasks and special projects as assigned.
· Perform essential closing tasks to include mass upload of period-end journal entries, formulate sales commission accruals, P&L fluctuation analyses, and record amortization of prepaid expenses.
· Reconcile other key balance sheet accounts as assigned.
· Performs analysis and recalculations of revenue, costs, and profits of material steel manufacturing projects to help ensure the timely and accurate recognition of revenue in accordance with ASC-606.
· Furnishes management with guidance pertaining to the organization’s financial procedures and day to day operations.
· Support the company in the development and testing of new enterprise wide (ERP) core accounting software (Dynamics) and reporting mechanisms.
· Documents key accounting policies and procedures with guidance from management.
· Ensures Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and appropriate accounting control procedures are maintained.
· Coordinates the resolution of policy and accounting problems arising in the preparation of financial statements.
· Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Assists in external audits, physical inventories, and budgeting and forecasting activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Minimum of 4 years of general ledger accounting experience.
· Knowledge of GAAP, applicable laws, and regulations.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to foster excellent working relationships with stakeholders across the organization to understand business, reporting, and data needs.
· Proficient with MS Excel including knowledge of essential accounting formulae (vlookup, SumIFS, iferror, etc.) and the ability to continue developing technical knowledge.
Regularly required to sit, stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Regularly required to talk and hear. Seldom lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hybrid work schedule generally 3 onsite days per week
General office and constant exposure to computer display.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields