The Finance Division is currently searching for a Staff Accountant. Join the team and you will play a key role in the Financial Reporting group by performing accounting activities related to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the analysis and preparation of managerial reports, reconciliations, journal entries and financial statement data.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment!
Core responsibilities will include:
- Perform accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements.
- Reconcile accounts, post journal entries and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules.
- Research and reconcile GL object codes and assists in the preparation of financial statements such as balance sheets and financial statements.
- Collect, compile, verify and analyze financial information so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making decisions. Provide accounting advice and/or consultation within client areas.
Other position responsibilities include:
- Accumulating financial data to respond to survey requests from third parties.
- Collecting responses to internal and external audit requests for the Financial Reporting team.
- Reconciling and processing payments made to inventors under the university’s intellectual property policy.
- Utilizing Oracle’s Grants Management module to assist with recording restricted gifts and discretionary funds.
- Performing related duties and special projects as assigned.
You must demonstrate:
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when working with confidential information.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail; keep and maintain accurate and detailed reports and records.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Adaptability and openness to change as the department and organization evolves.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- CPA license or progress towards CPA license preferred.
- 3+ years of experience recording general ledger activity in a non-profit or university environment. Preference will be given to candidates with Oracle experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields