Lake Forest, IL
$75,000 - $95,000 / yr
North Suburban Chicago CPA seeks dynamic Staff Accountant
Here is your opportunity to make your mark and join a one of the best CPA firms in the Chicago Area. We have been consistently voted as one of the best places to work in Chicago, and value a quality of life work environment for our associates.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant. We prefer a background with experience in public accounting, with exposure to federal and state income tax, financial reporting, and general accounting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Qualified candidates will be responsible for preparing a wide variety of tax returns, financial reporting, assisting in responding to taxing authorities, and general accounting.
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and run reports using various software programs including CCH Axcess and QuickBooks Online.
- Reconcile accounts to trial balance.
- Perform schedule computation of accruals, property and equipment and calculation of depreciation expense.
- Preparation of tax returns: individual, gift, trust, partnership, S-Corporation & non-profit.
- Perform accounting, auditing and tax duties as needed.
- May be required to perform all phases of an engagement including report writing and tax return preparation.
- Prepare tax projections for individuals and businesses.
- Respond to tax notices, communicate with taxing authorities and partner regarding such notices.
- Contact third parties and client personnel for additional information required to prepare tax return or complete audit & attest engagements.
- Prepare extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Assist with tax research projects.
- Ensure proper accounting for income taxes.
- Works directly with clients during attestation engagements.
- Prepares working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and other reports in accordance with generally accepted professional and firm standards.
- Communicates engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to partners and supervisors.
- Demonstrate analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients through good communication, timely service and support of client’s needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree in Accounting is encouraged.
- 2 to 5 years of experience providing tax compliance services in a public accounting firm.
- CPA preferred
- An open door policy, which encourages new staff members to ask questions and promotes strong professional development.
- Outstanding benefits include 20 days personal time off, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, sponsored continuing education, health and life insurance and competitive salary.
- We are steps away from the Metra and public transportation is an option.
- A quality of life work environment and a commitment to employee growth, development, and advancement.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- CPA (Preferred)
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields