$65,000 - $75,000 / yr
This role offers a hybrid schedule. 2 days remote and 3 days in the office.
We deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. Change your career. Change your world. Join our team and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. This position will be part of the team to ensure timely and accurate month end execution of the ’s financial statement close process. This includes the monthly closing and reporting of the general ledger, related journal entries and account reconciliations, variance analysis and compliance with GAAP and company policies. This position will also be responsible for execution of internal controls as well as identifying opportunities to simplify workflow and generate process efficiencies.
We are seeking individuals who are self-starters, can prioritize multiple deliverables, initiate solutions, and who can be strong team players in helping achieve the goals of the Accounting function. This is a growth opportunity role with the ability to interact with senior management across accounting, finance, and the rest of the business.
Key Job Activities:
The staff accountant will have the opportunity to develop strong business partnerships across finance and throughout the company as well as to challenge the status quo with current processes. This individual will also participate in the company’s transformation as it utilizes its new general ledger, SAP S/4HANA.
Key Job Activities include but are not limited to:
- Support month-end close by:
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Analyzing financial statement components specific to areas of responsibility and investigating discrepancies and variances in results
- Preparing accurate financial information supported by GAAP and in accordance with the company’s accounting policies specifically pertaining to information provided by the entity (IPE)
- Execute internal controls, prepare of control documentation, and create deliverables for review and submission to both external auditors and internal auditors.
- Identify, document, and implement improvements in processes with an emphasis on streamlining for efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain all account reconciliations assigned. Tracks the status of open reconciling items and follow up in an engaging and collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement making sure they are resolved in the time prescribed by the company policy. Ensure reconciling items are identified and resolved timely
- Utilize tools, processes, systems, and initiatives of Accounting Team to enhance current accounting processes and drive best practices.
- Prepare and communicate monthly ad-hoc reports, graphics, schedules and statistical reports.
Required Education: in Bachelors or Accounting
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- 0-3 years’ experience within Accounting / Finance roles including roles in public accounting experience or large corporations
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of GAAP, audit processes (internal / external), month-end close processes, general ledger accounts, and financial statement analysis
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
- Prior experience executing internal controls and documenting processes and support activities
- SAP or other ERP experience
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel to sort large amounts of data
- Excellent attention to detail
- CPA is preferred
We offer our employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with .
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields