The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager. This position helps to maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transaction of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist with the day to day, quarterly and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department; including the quarterly and annual financial close process.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including cash accounts. Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all invoices related to raw materials and packaging and related freight. Maintain the fixed asset schedules.
- Review, process and record the monthly American Express Billing Statement.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports for distribution to the organization.
- Maintain vendor certificate of insurance files; making decisions on account status of vendors.
- Record all soybean/canola invoices noting depletion of contracts. Process backup documentation for these invoices for approval/payment when oil is received.
- When necessary, perform the processing of A/P transactions, cash receipts, and invoicing.
- Provide primary back-up support to credit and collections as needed.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform other such accounting, financial or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by CFO, Treasurer or Accounting Manager.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field from a credible college or university required, Accounting preferred; minimum of 2 years’ experience in Accounting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Solid understanding of accounting standards and procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrate attention to detail and good record keeping
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Discrepancies to be reviewed and resolved on a timely basis.
- Perform postings on a weekly and monthly basis to the general ledger files.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields