$65,000 - $78,000 / yr
This position is responsible for timely and accurate month-end execution of the Financial Statement Closing Process (FSCP) which includes the monthly closing and reporting of the books and records, related account reconciliations, cost accruals, analysis of financial statement variances to forecast and budget and general compliance with US GAAP and Accounting Policies.
This position will be responsible for the accounting and close activities for US and Canadian entities and could extend to other entities.
Areas of focus / emphasis include:
• Accounting for Income Tax US and Canada
• Business Combinations/ Divestitures
• Account to Report (ATR)
• Process Improvement
Key Job Activities:
- Support month end close by:
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Analyzing financial statements components specific to areas of responsibility and investigating discrepancies and variances in results.
- Preparing accurate financial information supported by GAAP and in accordance with the company’s accounting policies.
- Preparing supporting documentation for internal controls.
- Completing various corporate tax documentation for US and Canada.
- Prepare account reconciliations. Resolve reconciling items by following up with his/ her team in an engaging and collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement. Ensure items are resolved in the time proscribed by company policies.
- Makes recommendations to continiously improve the Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP).
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining adequate, accurate and complete management reports that help functional leaders make insightful business decisions.
- Involved with compiling externally facing reports and the support for the quarterly and annual deliverables for external auditors. Prepares information for statutory compliance. Ensure that all IPE has source, parameters, and report logic controls that are adequately designed and effectively operating.
- Responsible for developing technical skills and soft skills needed to progress through the organization.
- Ensures adherance with all applicable US GAAP guidance and internal Accounting Policies and related control standards.
- Identifies and remediates internal control deficiencies in the areas/processes assigned.
- Prepares monthly journal entries with adequate support. Prepares analyses on accounts assigned.
- Document standard operating procedures.
- Adheres to department-wide and corporate initiatives.
- Work with offshore team to ensure smooth coordination of processes with local team.
- Manages and executes project related to Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures.
Required Education: in Bachelors or Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Public Accountant designation or in the process of obtaining
- 1-3 years corporate tax return preparation and filing experience required
- At least 1 year of public accounting experience in audit or at least 2 years experience in general accounting demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, Audit processes (internal / external) month-end closing process, general ledger accounts, and financial statement formats
- Experience in accounting for income tax.
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
- Prior experience documenting IPE controls and understanding MRC (Management Review Control) activities
- Prior SAP experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Demonstrates proactive approach. Willingness to create new solutions in a changing environment
- Understands flexibility required during period of corporate change.
we currently offer our employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with our team.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields