Sr. Traveling Construction Superintendent (Blacksburg, VA)
We are looking for a Sr. Traveling Construction Superintendent to join our client leading field operations in in Blacksburg, VA.
There are construction companies all over the United States where you can get a job if you. However, very few, if any can offer you a career as with one of the world’s largest construction and development companies. In 2019, our client generated nearly $19 billon globally, with $7.6 billion in the U.S. They have almost 8,000 employees in the U.S., with offices in 28 metro locations.
What we love most about our client is that at the heart of their business approach is a commitment to cultivating, fostering and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and the communities where they are located and serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Sr. Traveling Construction Superintendent, here are some of your key responsibilities:
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force;
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract;
- Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager;
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer;
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules;
- Communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program.
WHAT WE SEEK IN A TRAVELING CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
- Experience working on projects in $20M+ range in one or more of the following industries:
- Healthcare (hospitals, ER rooms, surgery centers, etc.)
- Life Sciences
- Higher Education
- K-12 Education
- Multi-use commercial
- Extensive overall construction industry experience.
- Willingness to travel to multiple construction sites.
- Knowledge of Prolog;
- Experience as the lead Superintendent on large projects.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- First Aid/CPR certification;
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL BE OFFERED
- An extremely competitive salary package, including a bonus
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending
- Stock purchase with guaranteed a match of 1:4 shares, and up to 100% match
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Deferred savings
- Supplemental IRA
- Paid holidays
- Family focused parental leave policy
- Car Allowance
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
Our client conducts business with a high degree of honesty, integrity, transparency and strives for an environment where everyone is free to bring their whole self to work each day. Through authentically embracing different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds, our client is creating a stronger and more innovative culture. More importantly, they are contributing to a sustainable and more equitable future for their people, customers and communities.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields