Sr. Software Engineer – Mobile/Agile
$100,000 - $150,000 / yr
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer – Mobile
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of mobile based application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of iOS, Android, Xamarin, Xamarin Forms, .NET and structured programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. We are looking for someone who cares about the code they write and end results.
Do you see yourself doing this?
Mobile Application Development:
- Develop, modify, and maintain finance applications or specialized utility programs
- Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing member experience, system stability and operational efficiency
- Responsible for full life cycle development of mobile applications to include technical design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex applications
- Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities
- Conduct cross-functional code review
- Works on multiple high-level projects concurrently. Lead Engineer on projects of a large scope and/or complexity
- Utilizes effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments
- Identifies problems related to primary financial software and determines corrective action
- Develops custom programs when required
- Works with Service Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues
- Identifies and implements solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes
- Trains and mentors entry to mid-level Developers and Engineers.
- Trains Service Desk on operational procedures and processes developed by the Senior Software Engineer.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with relevant Microsoft Certification required, and you have:
- 5+ years’ relevant mobile experience building and deploying mobile applications
- Can demonstrate a published Android or iOS app
- Prior agile experience required
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft solution stack
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required
- Project management experience working as the technology lead on several projects concurrently required
- Working knowledge of JSON and XML Data Formats
- Experience working with C# and Xamarin/Xamarin Forms
- Familiarity with .NET Standard
- Familiarity with MVC, MVVM, and MVP Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Apple AppStore Connect or Google Play Developer Console
Key Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming
- Familiarity with unit testing and mocking concepts and frameworks
- Experience using ALM tools such as Azure DevOps
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and desire and ability to work in a collaborative, cross functional team environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer languages and technologies quickly
- Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with release automation desired
- Familiarity with application security concepts and implementations
- Advanced knowledge of REST APIs and consuming them
- Familiarity with Client-Server Authentication models
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields