Sr. SAP Project / Program Manager, Professional Services
$175,000 - $220,000 / yr
Imagine working for a company that celebrates their employees and invests in their well-being and development, as a priority! Their mantra and unofficial corporate hashtag #SoMuchGood is all about recognizing their team’s commitment and achievements, both inside and outside the office. As a professional services organization, this provider focuses on helping clients in their business transformation journey enabled by SAP.
What they do is simple: They work hard, have fun, give back to the community and never take their eye off the goal – creating a modern cloud MSP with a global, talented team of employees. Sound exciting? Read on!
The Sr. SAP Project Manager/Program Manager, Professional Services is accountable for managing Professional Services projects on behalf of the Company. Projects are performed by dedicated or shared teams of technical engineering resources. Technologies include network, operating systems, middleware, databases, cloud and hybrid solutions, security and data storage systems, software/applications, and other services as required to support customer solutions and overall requirements. The position can be based anywhere in the USA and requires up to 80% domestic travel.
The types of projects are, but not limited to: high value (in excess of $1mm+ budgeted), strategic, medium to large in size and duration (3 to 12 months), mid to high level complexity, USA domestic and/or Global assessments, proof of concepts, migrations, implementations and upgrades.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Accountable for successfully managing Global customer projects for Company
- Oversee and coordinate multiple teams of technical and/or process engineering resources to perform project tasks
- Manage one or multiple customer projects simultaneously
- Develop project plans, specifications, and other related project administration tasks
- Work directly with Company customers at multiple levels to perform implementation activities
- Oversee project execution, including but not limited to:
- Conducting project launch meetings
- Gather and document the customer’s technical, functional and business requirements
- Developing detailed project plans
- Managing, influencing, and monitoring project issues, risks, and escalations
- Tracking/influencing/managing projects from initiation to successful completion
- Communicating project status on a timely and regular basis
- Resolving project issues, problems, and changes
- Leading projects to overall success
- Oversee quality assurance cycles for all projects
- Prepare formal status reports on a regular basis for customer and Company senior management
- Execute projects using the Company methods, tools, templates and processes, ensuring a well governed, consistent and standardized project approach
- Apply learning from past projects to future projects by developing and continuously improving tools, templates and processes to facilitate implementation efforts
- Be a member of the Company Global PMO, helping in its continuous development and effectiveness
- Support the development of new and existing internal and customer relationships
- Support / manage all customer stakeholders and engagement activities – managing customer expectations and customer responsibilities including initiating, running and participating in Project Steering Committee meetings
- Implement methods to get an in-depth understanding of customer requirements investigating underlying causes and recommending short and long term solutions
- Report customer opportunities and feedback to Company sales and management teams
- Act as a facilitator and mentor to project team members
- Lead and manage teams of customer, 3rd parties and Company resources, delivering results through others
- Ensure effective communication channels
- Manage and deliver projects from mobilization until handover and closure, delivering solutions to time, scope, quality and budget
- Work within a multiple level team structure
- Report all project delivery progress and status to the customer and Company PMO
- Report all escalations to the PMO or relevant Program Manager
- Support and monitor project management standards and quality checks used within the Company Global PMO
- Manage and delivery complex projects from mobilization to handover and closure
- Utilizing cross-functional teams and third parties to deliver solutions and multiple delivery of projects to scope, time, quality and budget
- Work within a multiple level team structure – managing direct reports (work-stream leads etc) and indirectly supporting all other levels operating within the team
- Produce recommendations that ensure all customer actions, processes and decisions will deliver long term, sustainable customer satisfaction as well as supporting the long-term interests of the business
- Report all project delivery progress and status to the customer ensuring expectations are managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify, assess and resolve complex project and business issues, and provide customer with alternative scenarios
- Resolve all escalations required for projects to relevant Program Manager / Senior Management
- Support and monitor project management standards and quality checks used within the Company PMO
Financial and Commercial Awareness
- Manage high value, strategic projects and services
- Monitor invoicing activity and profitability of projects
- Provide weekly revenue forecasts for a rolling three-month period and resource forecasts
- Ensure that areas of commercial and project risk to Company, such as payment terms, penalty clauses, contractual omissions, technical and organizational risks are identified and mitigated
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS YOU BRING
- At least 8 years proven Project Management experience, inclusive of delivering Professional Services (consulting) projects that involve the planning and managing to budget at a detailed level. Experience with Activate or ASAP methodologies preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP Solutions and process knowledge including industry best practices.
- Extensive experience required in managing / leading SAP implementations & upgrades with at least one Greenfield implementation.
- Translate requirements into solutions, using SAP best practice, industry solutions or Company Solutions as a baseline.
- Ability to explore new SAP applications as a leader and be able to articulate the business value to customers Company employees.
- Coaching and mentoring to enable skills transfer at a management level
- Delivering presentations to customers and partners
- Vendor/supplier management
- Presentation & workshop management
- Supporting the management of third party contractors and vendors as required
- Detailed understanding of Professional Services solutions and technologies
- Detailed understanding of benefits realization techniques
- Detailed understanding of business process design
- Ability to become a ‘trusted advisor’ for a customer
- Ability to articulate ideas and concepts to a diverse range of audiences
- Business change skills in the areas of impact
- Detailed knowledge and experience of project planning, delivery and risk management methodologies
- Ability to provide thought leadership
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Willing to travel 50-80% to customer locations from any US location.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA without any form of sponsorship.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields