Sr. Regional Property Manager
The Sr. Regional Property Manager is under the direct supervision of the Managing Director, Multi-Housing or Vice President, Multi-Housing. The Sr. Regional Property Manager is assigned a portfolio of Property Assets within the Affordable Portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, leading teams, resolving tenant concerns, maintaining properties, working within a budget and adhering to policy compliance.
- Process Management
- Customer Service
- Property Performance Goals
- Training/ Employee Development
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Exceptional leadership skills with a highly collaborative management style.
- Ability to cultivate trust, relationships and navigate interpersonal dynamics within the team.
- Guide the professional growth and development of property managers by providing the best resources, practices and educational opportunities.
- Skilled at building a cohesive team and aligning team actions with company strategies to drive business results.
- Support and execute on new initiatives and programs that will favorably position the portfolio.
- Conduct site visits to assess operations at each property; including, but not limited to, evaluate the tenant experience, perform market analysis, determine ways to increase property value, and network locally to assist with meeting marketing goals.
- Provide overall direction and supervision of Affordable portfolio, with oversite responsibilities for management of properties within the regions as needed.
- Conduct at least twice monthly on-site property visits and face-to-face meetings with site manager.
- TRACS/MINC for all assigned properties.
- Use EIV system to obtain income information and distribute to assigned properties.
- Review and approve contractor bids, track vendor contracts and coordinate annual re-bids.
- Monitor waiting lists, occupancy reports and control logs.
- Review and approve advertising for assigned properties, and work with site managers to maintain high occupancy and a strong waiting list.
- Manage tenant complaint appeals.
- Develop capital improvement plans.
- Monitor and review delinquent and prepaid reports.
- Work with Compliance to monitor scheduled re-certifications and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures related to tenant file audits.
- Coordinate Open Houses and set-up newly developed properties.
- Timesheet and Accounts Payable approval for assigned properties.
- Develop and follow through on corrective programs for property personnel.
- Train site managers and assist in preparation of Safety/Training meetings.
- Respond to state agency desktop audits and compliance reviews.
- Assist with obtaining information necessary for the completion of grants.
- Initiate Replacement Reserve Requests for all assigned properties.
- Coordinate preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for assigned properties and report out to Finance team on a monthly basis.
- Quarterly property inspections with Community Manager.
- Assist or coordinate Management Reviews and REAC Inspections.
- Site Management functions when property manager is absent: Accounts Payable, Dues Collection oversight, maintenance scheduling, vendor contracting, regular office hours and tenant relations/correspondence.
- Property Management functions: Owner contact and attendance at owner meetings, meeting agendas and minutes, operating report preparation to accompany financial report Special Projects: New project development, business development, market studies, new business proposals, receiverships.
- College degree (minimum of 2 years, preferably 4 years) or 5 to 10 years’ experience in property management, focusing on budgeting, finance, and operations.
- Knowledge of Affordable housing and government regulations is required.
- Required to obtain a Certified Occupancy Specialist (or equivalent) designation, Housing Certified Credit Professional (or equivalent) and Accredited Residential Manager (ARM), or Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) designation within three (3) years of employment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields