Sr. Quality Engineer – Warranty
$85,000 - $95,000 / yr
Major and established international company has this opportunity at their large manufacturing complex commutable to the east of the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area. Very good major company benefits and 1 to 2% bonus potential as well.
This Sr. Quality Engineer focus is on part/product/process safety and warranty. Assist the Quality Assurance team to review and investigate warranty returns, including tear downs and component level investigations, carries out root cause analysis of failure and resolution for customer issues including reporting. Steers the approach of product quality to ensure warranty targets are met and minimized.
As directed the warranty team member reviews warranty claims. This staff member is a dynamic staff member establishing inspection requirements and performing inspections and as required rework/reprocess/testing / repacking of products to meet customer expectation for improvement. Understand the volumes and trends of issues and what contributes to them. Analyze the data to understand what corrective actions need to be taken. Understand whether the countermeasures implemented will bring products produced back into acceptable tolerances as quickly as possible. Understand cause and effect of taking corrective actions and their effectiveness to deliver warranty returns back into target in order to make recommendations to Senior Management. Provide sufficient detailed analysis to enable warrant cost reduction activities across all customers. Identify and coordinate improvement activities aimed at warranty cost reduction and where applicable implement warranty cost recovery from the supply chain. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision and work is reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management.
· Analysis of Warranty Returns and Performance
· Complete warranty reports
· Develop warranty procedures and manuals were applicable
· Lead the reliability improvement process producing performance reports against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as required
· Ensure that analysis data is reported to customers within agreed time scales in customer specific format as required
· Communicate fault and liability information to the relevant internal and external suppliers in order to obtain robust interim and permanent corrective actions aimed at warranty prevention and cost reduction
· Review suppliers’ processes and manufacturing procedures. Challenge suppliers where necessary.
· Where appropriate negotiate liability with the customer
· Where appropriate supplier evaluation audits to determine their capability to meet production requirements to eliminate warranty issues
· Conduct detailed trend analysis of warranty return parts, claims, costs and exposure going forward to determine corrective and preventative actions to support both Production and Supplier
· Ensure lessons learned from warranty analysis are communicated across all product/customer platforms
· Assist with training of quality awareness
· Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
· Undertake special projects as required
· Contribute to continuous improvement activities
· Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
· Support and lead process improvement activities
· Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
· Achieve goals within budget
· Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
· Lead and/or support groups of technicians and engineers
· Provide guidance to other team members
Other Responsibilities & Skill Requirements
· Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
· Work independently with minimal supervision
· Initiate action to prevent nonconformities
· Notifies Quality Engineer/Manager of quality concerns
· Provide training of changes as required
· Demonstrate good communication skills
· Participate in cross-functional teams
· Demonstrate proficiency in computer use. (Excel Word, etc.)
· Compliant to industry standard and requirements
· Work flexible hours as required.
· Initiate disposition of Non conforming product.
· Explain all issues and countermeasures in monthly QA meetings.
· Keep logs of defects for warranty ratings.
· Knowledge of quality systems
· Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
· Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO9000
· Understanding of ISO14001
· Knowledge of measurement
· Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
· Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to present data effectively
· Problem-solving skills
· Understanding of Health and Safety practices
· Team working skills
· Analytical skills
· Understanding of cost and financial impacts
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Analytical skills
- A bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of three (5) years experience. Proficiency in use of statistical applications, process flow charts, PFMEA, CP, process checklists and knowledge of calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems, and other measuring equipment. (must have 3 years experience in automotive manufacturing environment). Warranty experience is needed.
- Customer-service and detail orientation. Prior use of customer portals for communication and submission of approval documents.
- Ability to work independently and support the development of other engineering staff.
- Proven problem-solving skills, (3) years’ experience addressing corrective actions including warranty analysis.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven QC technical skills (Capability Studies, APQP, PPAP).
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts.
- Must be proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint. Some Access experience preferred.
Sorting staff as required
Required to sit & stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Usual office, Lab, and manufacturing working conditions
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields