Back To Job Board
$115,000 - $140,000 / yr
The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for the complete electrical engineering scope of assigned
projects. This person will lead all phases of an electrical engineering project to include concept,
research, estimating support, component selection, network design, panel design, device layout, device
troubleshooting, programming, in house testing, on-site installation, commissioning, and after-sales
A successful Sr. Project Engineer has an expert level of knowledge and understanding of the full scope of
electrical engineering practices, theories, and programming to implement the electrical engineering for
a project from concept to completion. This person will create the project execution plan, assign tasks to
resources, monitor and report progress, develop recovery plans, and manage deviations. The Electrical
Sr Project Engineer serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for the project team and provides
coaching and guidance. In collaboration with the Electrical Engineering Leadership team, the Electrical
Sr. Project Engineer strives for continuous improvement in department processes and employing the
latest technology and industry best practices in all facets of project execution.
• Develop, manage, monitor, and maintain project schedules.
• Assign day to day tasks of project team members.
• Read and understand scope from contract documents and drawings.
• Effectively communicate project, department, and company requirements to project team or
• Manage assigned projects to successful completion prioritizing safety, quality, schedule, and
• Participate in, or complete personally, the design of the complete control systems including,
power distribution, device layout, network design, panel layout, and device selection.
• Participate in, or complete personally, the programming, both HMI and PLC, of the complete
• Create Descriptions of Operations for complete systems.
• Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders, executive leadership,
customers, and potential customers.
• Participate in, or complete personally, the commissioning of complete control systems.
• Strive for continuous improvement by identifying improvements in current processes and
collaborate with management to adopt these improvements.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Expert level understanding of project management practices and tools.
• Advanced proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs
with good aptitude for learning the programming for new/additional systems.
• Ability to read and understand written specifications, as well as contract drawings and be
capable of developing a complete design that meets these requirements within the electrical
design standards and quotation presented for a project. Has knowledge of commonly used
concepts, practices, and procedures with controls, material handling, baggage handling systems
• Ability to check diagrams to correct errors and use that information as a training opportunity /
transfer of knowledge to foster a continuous improvement environment to further develop the
skills of less experienced controls engineers.
• Demonstrates effective organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities, has an acute attention to
detail, the ability to receive direction and be a high-energy team player with the ability to work
independently, as well as in a group environment.
• Critical thinker and problem-solver.
• Self-starting instincts and strong analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communicationsskills.
• Willingness to travel to customer facilities as needed and work non-business hours based on
project and customer needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering – preferably EE, EET or CECS, or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years in the electrical engineering field or related area,
• 6+ years in Material Handling Industry, preferably within Baggage Handling.
• 2+ years as Electrical Project Engineer,
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Ability to obtain airport security clearance as needed.
• Office setting and field locations.
• Collaborative, engaging, and success driven culture.
• Travel up to 50%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
• Repetitive typing/data entry.
• Lifting up to 50 pounds.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position offers a flexible work schedule. General office hours are M-F, 7a-4p or
8a-5p. Working hours will vary when working at a job site to meet the requirements as needed.
Back To Job Board