Sr. Process Engineer
$165,000 - $220,000 / yr
Senior Process Engineer, Injection Molding
Company: Injection Molding Manufacturer that has grown by 400% in the last four years. Strong technological expertise in small part molding and tools. Any and all Engineers with Molding experience will get a quick response or invitation for further discussion.
This company is a leader in small part precision molding and they pride themselves on their ability to mold close-tolerance products. You will be the resident hands-on molding and plastics expert, and will be responsible for process creation and optimization, ensuring appropriate tooling designs, working closely with the molding department to solve molding processing problems, bring new tooling and new projects from concept to production, managing the product approval process, and similar projects in product development and process improvement.
Senior Process Engineer Responsibilities.:
- The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for new product projects and will be responsible for them “cradle-to-grave”; from design to introduction into manufacturing, scale-up, full production, and throughout the product life cycle.
- The Senior Process Molding Process Engineer will manage the introduction of new products and associated tooling, or transferred tooling into manufacturing.
- Specify tooling requirements, and manage tooling design and development; including cavitation, tool material, runners, gating, texture and other critical areas – working closely with tooling manufacturing sources.
- The Senior Process Engineer will ensure that appropriate SOP’s or Work Instructions are developed for existing products.
- You help teams on the floor solve molding process problems.
- Work on new materials and cost savings projects.
- You will work in concert with production and maintenance personnel both internally and with suppliers to deliver new or enhanced products.
- The Senior Process Molding Process Engineer coordinates all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations and any specific agency or industry regulations/requirements.
Senior Process Engineer Qualifications
- BS Plastics Engineering, BSME, BS Ch-E or similar 4 year degree is mandatory.
- The Senior Process Molding Process Engineer should have 8 years of Process Engineering and Product Development Engineering with a manufacturer of Injection Molded products.
- Strong Hands-On injection molding processing and troubleshooting ability using scientific approach such as DOE, gained through at least 8 years of experience in this area.
- Strong injection molding tooling design and manufacturing knowledge, with previous experience managing critical tooling projects.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing new product development projects; launching and scale up new product lines; bringing projects in-house; and introducing onto the plant floor.
- Well rounded plastics industry knowledge (maybe blow molding and extrusion, too) with the ability to identify and specify which materials and processes are well-suited to various potential products.
- Strong experience creating SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) Work instructions, and continuous improvement (5-S, 6-Sigma, lean)
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields