Sr. Process Engineer
$80,000 - $100,000 / yr
SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
$80,00-100,000 + Bonus + Full Benefits + Paid Relocaton
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of various mixing/manufacturing operations with a goal of improving quality, increasing capacity, and reducing costs.
- Work with corporate engineering and PD on new product scale ups to high volume manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot the problems with the product/process using advanced statistical tools like six sigma/A3.
- Design and implement the product and process changes through MOC and change control systems.
- Lead the projects to improve productivity and cost reduction while maintaining the safety.
- Lead problem solving activities to troubleshoot and resolve the customer complaints, internal product/process failures, equipment malfunctions and other plant support issues.
- Design and perform experiments to optimize the existing and new processes.
- Evaluate equipment capacities and propose solutions to improve productivity.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to meet and exceed plant KPIs.
- Review and implement corporate engineering standards for equipment and processes.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in, or purchase of new process equipment.
- Lead efforts to clarify manufacturing instructions to ensure consistency in process and quality.
- Prepare, modify standard operating procedures for equipment operation & processes.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests as required for equipment repairs or replacement.
- Manage activities of capital projects from purchasing to implementation and production startup.
- Train production operations and maintenance mechanics for set-up, operation, and maintenance.
- Perform and participate in risk assessments like PHA, JSA, and PSSR to ensure the safety of process and equipment operation.
- Works with SHE/Q group to ensure all process equipment is equipped with appropriate safety devices and production operators are trained in the safe operation of manufacturing process equipment.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred (other engineering majors with chemical manufacturing experience can be considered).
- 3 -5 years of engineering experience in Project Management, Process Engineering, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering in chemical processing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of process safety and chemical processes design in a continuous batch operation
- Mixing, reactions, filtration, and filling processes experience.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Automation/PLC experience preferred
Ability to prioritize and multitask, finish projects in timely manner. Lead cross functional teams. Ability to solve difficult problems. Ability to work with outside vendors to negotiate their placement in the project.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields