Sr Power & Controls Engineer 13597
$90,000 - $130,000 / yr
Sr. Power & Controls Engineering 13597 Northern Denver CO area
Our client is a rapidly growing CPG manufacturer with one of their newest state of the art high-speed plants producing their most popular product line.Plant Engineering /Technical Services Manager,the Senior Power and Controls Engineer will provide leadership for the plant’s power and controls systems. Specifically, you will own equipment specifications and maintenance, operating procedures, troubleshooting and repair, systems optimization, compliance, personnel safety, and technician skill development relative to the plant’s power and control systems.
- Serve as the primary administrator and troubleshooter for the plant’s power and control systems and be a key member of the plant technical leadership team.
- Supports electrical reliability across site.
- Build and maintain a system for the Electrical & Instrumentation Technician’s (E&Is) skill development. Coach the area E&I Technician’s on skill assessment and development within the plant. Work with the Plant Engineering Manager to build and maintain a process/machine controls development system for Process Engineers, Interns and Area Leaders.
- Work with the Plant Engineering Manager to develop power and control standards and ensure the standards applied across the site.
- Know, communicate, and ensure technician compliance to local and national electrical codes (NFPA 70, NFPA 70e, NFPA 79 and OSHA 1910), including electrical safe practice compliance within the site
- Responsible for validation of the MES data from PLCs. Support plant Process Engineers in conditioning PLC data to accommodate effective data analysis including application development.
- Own the site’s sustainability metering equipment (power monitors and usage flow meters) and the validity of the data. Own using the power monitoring data to establish plans to reduce the overall consumption and costs.
- Provide expertise in the design and implementation of machine control and process automation applications, such as: control strategies, HMI design, MES applications and KPI development.
- Work with Plant Engineering Manager, department management and technicians to identify losses (safety, quality reliability and cost) and develop plans to eliminate them.
- Owns/Supports parts or whole Key Elements for the power and control systems, such as electrical safety (LOTO, Electrical PPE, Energized work permits, low voltage qualification, etc.) and Quality/CCP compliance (checkweighers, metal detectors, vision systems, ingredient flows, temperatures, etc.).
- Work closely with engineering and operations leaders on the of new equipment. Become the technical expert on new equipment and ensures the training of others with regard to power and control systems.
- Serve as project manager for initiatives ranging from E&I focused projects to complete capital projects.
- Provide power and controls engineering support on capital initiatives for the plant.
- Provide support throughout other parts of the plant as needed on a daily basis.
- Learn and apply advance control, simulation, and process modeling technologies to analyze and improve overall process and packaging operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- 5+ years of relevant controls experience is required
- Mechanical and electrical experience in food manufacturing prefered
- Ability to effectively engage, lead, and build capability on the floor
- Ability to work and manage within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of machine and/or process control hardware, instrumentation and software including Allen Bradley PLC and Rockwell FactoryTalk platforms
- Working knowledge of NFPA and OSHA guidelines related to electrical equipment and practices
- Proficiency in plant Historian
- Understanding of technical systems and terminology
- Experience learning and integrating new technologies
- Experience leading the installation of equipment
- Demonstrated results in manufacturing maintenance utilizing maintenance systems
- Experience with plant systems software (Proficy, Project Management, eAM, etc.)
- Some travel may be required for plant support
- Willingness to work off-shifts or weekends as needed
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields