Sr. Oracle Applications DBA (on-site / Hybrid)
$145,000 - $160,000 / yr
Our client is a 75+ year old global leader within their niche in the electronic manufacturing industry. They are located in beautiful, southwest Michigan Just minutes from Lake Michigan and less than two hours from Chicago. In addition to a competitive salary, they provide a comprehensive benefits package and generous time, plus a company picnic and other fun events. The company has been privately-owned by the same family for three generations, they recognize the importance of a family-friendly culture and strong work/life balance.
The Sr. Oracle Applications DBA oversees the daily operations oversight, configuration, installation, upgrading, and maintenance of all levels within our client’s Oracle eBusiness Suite Applications environment. You will assist in the planning, implementation, integration, and maintenance of the hardware and software infrastructure supporting a wide variety of applications. Preference is that the DBA work on site, Hybrid may be considered for an ideal candidate.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
· Work as a team member to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and their operating systems have high availability and optimum performance.
· Manages all assigned Oracle E-Business Suite and standalone ancillary Oracle RDBMS (RH Linux environment) for operational stability and reliability. This may include troubleshooting, recovery, cloning, patching applications, and database, tuning of the database, software installation and upgrades, resolving database errors and failures, auditing activities, and resource utilization.
· Maintain, upgrade, patch, troubleshoot, and tune Oracle EBS production and development systems.
· Responsible for problem escalation to Oracle support and other third parties as appropriate.
· Proactively monitor the database systems to establish secure services with minimum downtime.
· Assemble technical requirements from the application development team and implement various database patches to support their application/reporting and performance requirements.
· Be involved with the evaluation, installation, implementation, and maintenance of middleware and database products.
· Assist in establishing policies and procedures regarding performance, optimization, and functionality issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
· 5-10 years of experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.X Applications.
· Extensive experience with Oracle RDBMS 19c running on Oracle ODA (Oracle Database Appliance), preferably in an Oracle Linux configuration.
· Competence with Linux Advanced Server.
· Experience with VM and Cloud infrastructure is a plus.
· Excellent organizational, communications, and team-oriented interpersonal skills with a proactive forward-thinking attitude.
· Ability to adapt to and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs.
· Proficiency in effectively interfacing with a wide variety of people.
· Available for on-call rotation as needed.
· Local to the company HQ or willing to relocate. May consider hybrid for a highly qualified candidate who is local or relocates.
· Authorization to work in the USA without any form of sponsorship.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields