Sr. or Lead Engineer – Controls
Stone Mountain, GA
$80,000 - $100,000 / yr
Major international company has an opportunity for a Sr. or Lead Engineer – Controls at a large high volume plant setting commutable to the east of the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area. Very attractive benefit package, 3% bonus potential, and a to be determined sign on bonus are associated with the position as well as relocation assistance being available.
- Finds problems, plans, and implements improvements for existing product and manufacturing process issues.
- Develop and maintain document quality system for new and existing programs (PFMEA, control plan, process flow, work instructions, and inspection documents).
- Performs research, development, evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of manufacturing systems, processes, and equipment to meet requirements.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Gives input to product design based on design for manufacture/design for assembly philosophy.
- Performs cost-benefit analysis for product and/or manufacturing process cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Leads or participates in Kaizen activities to ensure continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, products, components, raw materials, and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of building floor space, equipment, and tooling.
- Performs routine activities accurately and promptly per instructions and procedures.
- Train Production and Maintenance Associates to improve technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills on the production shop floor.
- Performs other work as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with at least 5 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and create blueprints and technical documents.
- Must be proficient with programming PLCs, HMIs, and vision systems. Preferably Keyence, Omron, and/or Mitsubishi.
- Must have at least 3 years of hands on experience with high volume CNC Machining, automated assembly, and/or plastic injection molding processes.
- Experience with programming FANUC robots and CNC controls is preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Able to demonstrate ingenuity/creativity regarding problem solving and countermeasure implementation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
- Able to quickly learn basic knowledge of the company, products, manufacturing processes, and rules.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields