Sr. Manager – State and Local Tax (SALT)
Position Summary – We are looking for State and Local Tax experts
In these exciting roles, Senior Managers will advise clients of the tax implications of their business objectives, recommending an alternate course of action. You will identify different methods of complying with tax regulations. You will use your marketing and networking and develop skills in your area of expertise. Your experience and specialization will support recognizing potential changes in tax policy and applying them to new tax compliance policies. You will want to advance your career and prepare for the next level.
You will have strong consulting skills and experience where there is no roadmap or process-driven repeatable process workflow to follow. Each client’s facts may yield a different custom recommended plan of attack.
You will have Big 4 experience and enjoy coaching and mentoring others. Senior Managers will work with Core Tax Partners, Directors, and other Senior Managers to provide State and Local Tax expertise to their clients. You will report to a Managing Director.
Core Responsibilities – will be discussed in detail with all qualified candidates.
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Consulting
- Tax Controversy Representation
- Tax-Related Software
- Tax Specialization – State and Local Tax expert
- SFAS 109
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Strategy Development
- Manage the work of Managers, Senior Associates, and Associates on assigned engagements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical and research skills.
- Strong state and local tax knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of cause and effect for taxable conditions on clients and the potential tax issues.
- Ability to share your knowledge with clients and teammates.
- Desire to embrace an inclusive environment.
- Possess exceptionally high standards of service and integrity.
- Forward-thinking and insightful about our business and our client’s business.
- Deliver on your promises and obligations.
- State tax technical expertise – able to lead high-risk/technically complex engagements ensuring quality, staying on top of technical developments in the sales tax space.
- Understand a client’s business and identify issues that need to be considered / scope (describe) & sell that work.
- Able to communicate effectively (both oral and written) to stakeholders and vary messages accordingly depending on the audience – clients, supervisors, direct reports (development of others) for various stages of project development, completion, and delivery.
- Eight+ years of prior experience in state and local/multistate experience required.
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis required.
- Prior experience preparing and reviewing tax provisions preferred.
- Prior experience with corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships preferred.
Our client offers a total reward and customizable benefits plan, including:
- Growth opportunities
- Fun at work
- Hybrid work options
- Paid time off – PTO
- 401K Match
- Family benefits
- Wellness programs
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, FSA, and prescription insurance for the whole family from day one.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields