Sr. IT Project Manager – Hybrid (Multiple locations – Relo available)
$105,000 - $120,000 / yr
Headquartered near Portsmouth, NH, our client is a 250-year-old, brand-name, leading provider and manufacturer in their industry. Their name is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice! Their tremendous growth has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join their team.
Offered is a competitive salary including bonus, 401k match, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. Relocation assistance is available for non-local candidates.
The Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple simultaneous Information Technology projects of varying complexity enabling both process and technology to meet the growing needs of the business. The candidate will be responsible for developing comprehensive project plans, managing assigned resources, project communication, and providing leadership in the successful delivery of assigned projects. Note, this is not an implementation PM role. Company is looking for someone who has worked on different sized projects, varying in functional areas (including share services). Position can be based out of the Portsmouth, NH headquarters, Jacksonville, AR or Wilsonville, OR. The Sr. IT PM is expected to be in the office at least two days per week.
WHAT THE SR. IT PM DOES:
- Manages and oversees all aspects of technology projects to ensure it is completed on time and within budget.
- Incorporates quality measures and standards to project deliverables.
- Actively practice and encourage the use of process standards and templates (e.g., project intake, project charter, project kick-off, requirements creation, user acceptance, status reports, meeting agenda, project schedule and release plan, product backlog, issue/risk logs, retrospectives, user stories, etc.) and facilitates the capture of product and project documentation as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be able to deconflict customer requirements from their solutions and refine customer requirements.
- Root out true problems vs symptoms and calculate effort vs benefit.
- Map requirements against existing capabilities to assess whether a project is required.
- Scope projects utilizing internal and external resources, including work plans, team structures, timelines, etc.
- Pursue a deep understanding of business functions and act as an advocate for your business partners and the business at large.
- Create, structure, and direct analyses as required, supported by hypotheses, collecting data, executing analyses, and synthesizing findings.
- Create and conduct regular reviews with IT management, functional management, and executives so that such that key projects are tracked to defined objectives and key performance indicators, maintain stakeholder alignment, and proactively manage risk.
- Manage the risk, issue, and change resolution process, and work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Generates timelines, estimates costs, and ensures projects meet the needs of the organization.
- Manage relationships and communications with business partners and key stakeholders.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- B.S. degree or equivalent with 6+ years of Project Management experience preferably in Information Technology.
- PMP or equivalent certification.
- Analytical expertise using tools such as MS Excel and/or MS Access.
- Deep presentation experience using tools such as MS PowerPoint and Visio.
- Understanding of enterprise data including data structures and relationship to business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to execute on time.
- Advanced user in project management tools and governance.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Capable of providing strong leadership based on integrity, humility, and respect for others.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head off obstacles.
- Capable of influencing & building partnerships, developing teamwork, and managing others.
- Advanced interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, planning, and team building skills especially cross functional.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Local to Portsmouth, NH; Jacksonville, AR; Wilsonville, OR or willing to relocate with company assistance.
- US Citizen
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields