Sr Hardware Design Engineer
It our mission to deliver innovative purpose-built interconnect solutions that enable our customers to optimally apply vast computational resources to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We are hiring talented Senior-level Hardware Design Engineers with extensive experience in system and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) development and design. The senior electrical design engineer will be involved in all aspects of the electronic design from conception through end-of-life of the next generation Fabric platforms.
Position responsibilities include:
- Along with software engineering, mechanical engineering, and marketing, develop Platform level architectures and board level design requirements, schedules, and cost targets.
- Develop system/board architectures to implement the products.
- Evaluate and select components to support the design goals.
- Develop the necessary engineering documentation to support the designs.
- Develop the design files (schematic entry, FPGA code, source code, etc.) to implement the designs.
- Support the layout of the designs.
- Support software engineering to integrate the software.
- Support the system test department on product qualification.
- Support compliance and regulatory testing.
- Work with the mechanical, software, system test, and manufacturing departments to assist in moving the product into production.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience with Platform/test card specification, design, debug, and bring up in lab.
- Demonstrated strength in digital board design, basic signal integrity, board layout tools, and schematic capture tools (ORCAD, Cadence, Mentor Graphics).
- Demonstrated strength with system level debug and determining root cause of technical issues.
- Demonstrated strength with lab equipment including, but not limited to: DMM, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Cadence* Concept* schematic and Allegro* Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools.
- Experience with board power distribution.
- Experience with high speed signals such as PCIe, DDR, etc.
- Experience with FPGAs, programmable logic devices (PLD), and Verilog.
- Experience with programming languages such as: C, Visual Basic, Perl, TCL, RTL, and others.
- Experience with Signal integrity simulation tools.
- Experience with Power integrity tools.
- Familiarity with timing analysis and functional simulation.
- Completion of several board and system development projects.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields