Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
$80,000 - $115,000 / yr
Our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining , you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for the accounting and reporting related to technical accounting areas for new and unusual transactions, participating in the preparation and review of the Company’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, and participating in the implementation of new accounting standards. An individual in this position participates as a member of the Financial Reporting team with the purpose of anticipating and responding to changing and increasingly complex public company accounting and reporting requirements.
- Technical accounting related to significant or unusual transactions, including performing work on and documenting acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, supporting strategic initiatives, and other transactions, and discussing conclusions reached with senior management and the external auditors.
- Work as a point of contact for internal departments, such as Raw Materials, Supply Chain, Sales, Human Resources, Legal, UK Finance, and others to identify significant or unusual transactions requiring accounting and financial analysis.
- Implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assists with monitoring the development of new and revised reporting rules and regulations (issued by the FASB, SEC, and IASB, among others) to determine if new pronouncements impact .
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements and reports for external issuance, in compliance with the accounting and reporting requirements of the SEC and FASB, including footnote preparation, review of financial statements and materials prepared by Investor Relations.
- Technical accounting and reporting for areas such as natural gas and foreign currency derivatives, stock compensation and EPS, revenue recognition, lease accounting, asset retirement obligations and pension and post-retirement benefits.
- Develop and maintain internal controls and processes over the above areas, identifying potential areas for improvement and deficiencies in currently existing processes.
- Supports all internal and external audit activities at the consolidated and local level including the creation and support of thorough audit documentation and resolution of internal control findings.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting is required
- CPA certification and maintenance of continuing education requirements is required.
- 5+ years of diversified accounting experience with accounting systems, internal controls, accounting procedures, and related technical pronouncements.
- Knowledge of financial reporting rules and regulations, and the ability to apply business and financial concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. SAP S/4 HANA experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make sound business decisions in complex and ambiguous business environments.
An individual in this position will participate as a member of the Financial Reporting team with the purpose of assisting the Company in anticipating and responding to changing and increasingly complex public company accounting and reporting requirements.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields