Sr. Electrical Engineer, PLC Programming
$130,000 / yr
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Electrical Engineer with hands-on manufacturing experience designing analog-digital sensory measurement devices as part of more complex automation projects. This position will collaborate with other Engineering and Product Development colleagues to ensure the accuracy of sensory measurement, reliable operation via PLC programming, and development of efficient HMI user interface options.
Our client is an innovative manufacturer of nondestructive (NDT) inspection and validation equipment systems used extensively in the pharmaceutical, medical device, food, and biotechnology industries. Strong expertise in automation design and PLC programming is essential.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Lead the control system design logic and custom-engineered solutions that ensure the accuracy and reliability of system measurements.
- Develop sensory technologies and how they apply to critical packaging/capsule inspection manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with process control, electrical, software, and mechanical engineering team members to address unique client product packaging QA/QC requirements.
- Design, select, and integrate components to enhance the company’s proprietary technologies.
- Lead the programming, documentation, training, and release testing of final equipment solutions.
- Conduct occasional onsite visits, lab validations, and field/virtual product demos (<10% travel).
- Prepare and lead presentations detailing product performance and new capabilities as developed.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical Controls and/or Design Engineering with automation components such as PLCs, servo motors, stepper motors, variable speed drives, motion control technology, sensors, actuators, sensors, HMI devices, digital and analog controls.
- Expertise with PLC programming using commercial brands such as Beckoff, SAIA Burgess Controls, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Automation Direct, etc.).
- Attention to detail in writing structured, well documented, “bug-free”, PLC code in any of the five International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) standard languages: (Ladder Diagram (LD), Instruction List (IL), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Structured Text (ST) and Sequential Function Chart (SFC).
- Experience with robotics and HMI control theory and design (Yaskawa, Staubli).
- Knowledge of wiring design (AC and DC circuits) and associated standards.
- Experience with electro-mechanical equipment and/or automated packing and filling equipment systems is a plus.
- Prior mentorship or supervisory experience is a plus, but not required.
Excellent Communication skills and ability to present solutions effectively.
- Detail oriented, hands-on and action minded with an ability to assess and complete activities necessary to drive projects to completion.
- High competency and proficiency with MS Office products including Power Point.
Compensation for this position includes an attractive base salary commensurate with experience, annual bonus incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package. The candidate must reside or be willing to relocate within commuting distance of Hawthorne, NY. Relocation assistance is available for outstanding candidates. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields