Sr. Digital Factory Engineer
Aerospace and Intelligence company needs a Sr. Digital Factory Engineer for their Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) team is seeking an innovative team member to perform a variety of software development, reporting, analytics, and IT/OT functions on the Integrated Digital Factory Intelligence team.
This individual will be working closely with the Factory Automation Engineering teams in multiple locations across the US. The Digital Factory supported sites include El Segundo (CA), McKinney (TX), Forest (MS), Santa Barbara County (CA), and Largo (FL), in addition to operations and automation engineers from other business units. This position is onsite at our McKinney, TX location.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of software design, development, integration, documentation, and testing projects, demonstrate strong data analytics and visualization skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a creative, innovative mindset.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Learning, supporting, and developing within the AMMT Digital Factory and SCADA systems. The candidate is expected to become come up to speed in this system within the first year.
- Developing software utilized by the factory for both physical and digital automation control
- Contribute to major projects with an integrated development team as well as have increased responsibility for smaller, more independent projects
- Analyze and correlate large, complex data sets and provide information reports to users for further analysis
- Ensure data integrity is utilized by data visualization solutions using software such as (but not limited to) Splunk, Ignition, and Microsoft Power BI
- Develop and execute data architectures
- Support digital thread implementation including the AI analytic interface with Raytheon data systems and advanced correlation statistics to improve manufacturing yield and predictability
- Examine data from various platforms and multiple disparate or integrated data sources, merge structured and unstructured data, and develop and execute analytics reports and visualization toolsets
- Demonstrated mentoring experience
- Ability to solve difficult and sometimes complex problems with limited oversight
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate within the department and across organization boundaries
- This position could support some remote work at times. Additionally, this position may necessitate the need for up to 25% travel to other locations.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Familiarity with Ignition Perspective, or experience with web development and Python along with a strong aptitude to learn Ignition Perspective.
- Experience in software design and development using LabVIEW, TestStand, Python, Ignition, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, SAP Business Warehouse / Analysis for Office, SQL Server, SAP PRISM and CMES, Eyelit, Excel / Visual Basic, Kinaxis, Windows Task Scheduler Automation, or other programming languages
- Experience in at least one of the following: distributed controls, cyber security, creating web applications, data analytics, artificial intelligence, IT infrastructure integration or other related fields
- Strong data analytics skills with the ability to prepare, process, analyze, and visualize significant amounts of information from multiple data sources while keeping the big picture in mind
- Experience in algorithm design, problem-solving, and diagnosis
- Ability to interpret end user needs to generate requirements for both software and reporting and contribute to system designs
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Familiarity with LabView
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in support of Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience in Project Management or demonstrated lead roles
- Experience with programming in an analytical language which can be used to extend Power BI functionality (Python or R)
- Experience in object-oriented design and data structures and a good understanding of client-server architecture
- Understanding of Lean principles and terminology, Six Sigma, and/or agile scrum
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts
- Experience with data visualization utilizing data analytics, AI or machine learning
- Familiarity with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
- Ability to support the manufacturing floor during troubleshooting and sustainment
- Proficient in MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems)
- Experience with Transactional Automation (use of API, XML, OData)
- Understanding of networking concepts (i.e. TCP/IP)
- Ability to collaborate with automation suppliers and integrators
- Experience or education in systems engineering and application to automation systems
- Experience with automation systems (robots, vision systems, PLCs, etc.)
•Typically requires BS in a Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics field, all other technical related fields
•MS in a Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics field, MBA Management, all other technical related fields
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields