Sr. Automation Controls Engineer
Growing control systems integration company catering to a variety of industries. Small company with no red tape! Great compensation and full benefits! This company specializes in Siemens and Beckhoff applications and needs an experienced Automation and Controls Engineer.
This is a small company, so you’ll hit the ground running – managing your own projects, growing the company’s portfolio, and helping build this small business from the ground up, all while stretching and flexing your automation knowledge set, solving problems and finding innovative, creative solutions to the challenges faced by our customers.
Why work here?
- Handle projects from beginning to end working directly with clients
- Lots of room for growth in this small company
- Full benefits – health insurance premiums 70% paid by the company
- Dental, vision, and life insurance offered
- 401k matching
- 15 days vacation plus 10 holidays
- Monthly bonuses!!
- Architect, develop and test well-structured PLC programs for new and existing equipment using best practices and guidelines established by company
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and learning for junior engineers
- Work with clients to determine controls system requirements and develop detailed functional specifications
- Develop aesthetically pleasing, intuitive, logical HMIs and SCADA systems
- Lead implementation and testing of new systems including troubleshooting of code, electrical and mechanical issues working side-by-side with clients
- Develop working relationships with clients on your multitude of projects:
- Maintain regular communication with clients on current projects, including regular status reports
- Provide guidance to clients on automation solutions
- Travel to customer sites locally and nationally as needed – about 30% overnight
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years PLC programming experience with multiple hardware platforms
- Beckhoff and Siemens preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to write code using an object-oriented approach utilizing function blocks
- Must have experience architecting and writing code from scratch
- Experience troubleshooting electrical and mechanical control systems
- 4+ years HMI and SCADA programming with multiple hardware platforms required
- Ignition, WinCC and TwinCAT HMI experience preferred
- Experience with Python, SQL and .NET a plus
- Aptitude for quickly determining novel solutions for complex problems using available resources
- Self-starter with desire to stay on the cutting edge of automation technology from continuous development both through self-guided learning and available training courses
- Proficient in all IEC 61131-3 programming languages, including significant demonstrated experience with structured text
- Ability to work with customers to accurately define scope and estimate time required to complete projects
- Experience with vision systems, motion applications, and process control a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, company is not able to provide visa sponsorship
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields